• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Name:Jimmy green
  • Car :54 plate 2.2 CTDI ex
  • LocationLondon

Posted 30 September 2019 - 09:36 AM

Hi all.

Had a quick search on the forum but couldn't find anything.

So all of a sudden after starting the car in the morning, my bluetooth module has not allowed any output from the premium sound system-whether I have a phone connected or not.

I have tried the reset procedure (with "reset success") but this hasn't solved the issue, the speakers sound like I have an active call on a bluetooth phone.

I'm actually lost!

Any idea how to remedy this?

Not sure if these are related but my wife left the sunroof open the night before this happened and I have a cm of water in the car.

Also, I need my radiator changed because it has been leaking coolant for about 4 months (I've only recently discovered the cause of my constant topping up).

Thanks all!

#2 Economic

Economic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 01 October 2019 - 05:01 PM

Ok small troubleshooting, I left the radio on, and after starting the car, the radio plays out of the speakers until the Bluetooth beeps, then I just get the normal Bluetooth silence /crackling.

Any ideas please?

#3 accord_n22

accord_n22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • Name:Alex
  • Car :Honda Accord I-CTDI
  • LocationHertfordshire

Posted 03 October 2019 - 06:45 PM

It sounds like the bluetooth module has gone faulty and wanting to connect to a phone all the time.

The bluetooth modules in the 7th gen accords are junk, known issues for them to fail. 

Best bet is to disconnect them all together. They are located under the section where the centre vents are. Just discconect the green connector to the bluetooht unit.

Your stereo should work now.

Heres a DIY of how to find the Bluetooth unit

http://typeaccord.co...83-hft/?p=19836

• Economic likes this

#4 Economic

Economic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 04 October 2019 - 10:28 AM

It sounds like the bluetooth module has gone faulty and wanting to connect to a phone all the time.

The bluetooth modules in the 7th gen accords are junk, known issues for them to fail. 

Best bet is to disconnect them all together. They are located under the section where the centre vents are. Just discconect the green connector to the bluetooht unit.

Your stereo should work now.

Heres a DIY of how to find the Bluetooth unit

http://typeaccord.co...83-hft/?p=19836

Thank you so much.

That was my plan but didn't know where to start. HOWEVER, a few days ago I started wiping down the windows with cloths (as opposed to just using the demisters)(I assume I've been getting more condensation due to the sunroof being left open on a rainy night) and having the heater on for an hour in an attempt to evaporate the current water, followed by full open windows and sunroof to replace the humid air...

...and now my stereo and bluetooth seem to be behaving themselves.

Very very unexpected.

But glad to know where it is so I can remove it in case it returns!

Thanks.

#5 accord_n22

accord_n22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • Name:Alex
  • Car :Honda Accord I-CTDI
  • LocationHertfordshire

Posted 04 October 2019 - 08:15 PM

Your welcome. Glad it seemed to have sorted it self out. 

The Bluetooth units can also cause a battery drain issue too as it doesn't switch itself off. That's if you dont use your car often.

Something to keep in mind.

#6 Heckler

Heckler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Name:Gav
  • Car :Accord EX
  • LocationNorthants

Posted 06 October 2019 - 01:40 PM

if you are having an issue with condensation in the car, get yourself a couple of dehumidifier bags. A couple of 1kg ones will suffice, leave one on the dash when you park up and swap them over every week. That cures the issue and also helps with condensation on the CD and DVD player lens which can cause issues reading discs.
  • Economic likes this
This post may contain humour and/or sarcasm... However I cannot take responsibility for your ability to comprehend it.

#7 Economic

Economic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 07 October 2019 - 02:05 PM

if you are having an issue with condensation in the car, get yourself a couple of dehumidifier bags. A couple of 1kg ones will suffice, leave one on the dash when you park up and swap them over every week. That cures the issue and also helps with condensation on the CD and DVD player lens which can cause issues reading discs.

Thanks for this. Are any reusable? I have found this at a tenner each https://www.amazon.c...k/dp/B074DDQ629 are the rest that state reusable also only reusable around 4 times? Thanks for your help.