csak1981

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Name:Christian
  • Car :Accord Tourer
  • LocationScotland

Posted 30 November 2019 - 06:31 PM

If the adjustment nut inside of car is at the end of adjustment you will need to back it off or tighten a few turns and adjust at the wheels. This way you will have your adjustment range back if there is a next time you need to adjust.

It may not be at the end of its adjustment range it is really difficult to turn it there is a knack to it.

This is how i do it- if you've got 8 clicks til brakes bind you will need to tighten it half turn at a time using 12mm ring spanner. By tightening i mean turning spanner towards you whilst sitting in drivers seat. Place ring spanner over nut with spanner pointing as far away from you as possible then turn towards you and you will feel the the nut stop in a position where it feels like it's about to spring back this is the cable twisting then take spanner off and reposition away from you then turn towards you again and it should slip into next adjustment position which is now a half turn.

As i said in previous post have whole back of car jacked up and adjust until you you can't move each wheel by hand with the wheels attached with the handbrake on 5 clicks. You should start to feel them bind after 2-3 clicks. Once one wheel is locked at 5 clicks you can adjust the other wheel at its drum adjustment hole if its set different. This is how i set mine and handbrake shoes don't bind causing hot disks and i get a solid handbrake at 5-6 clicks of lever.

You'll first need to work out if you have adjustment range on inside of car or if it's at the end of it before starting this procedure.

Hope this helps

Had to post again spelling errors and wouldn't let me edit

Edited by csak1981, 30 November 2019 - 06:32 PM.

• Pickles likes this