What's new

Front and rear brakes sticking

Drejc112

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 2012
Hi
Today i went to change for winter tires and all of wheels when i try to turn them are hard to turn, they stop right after you stop turning them... so i have a problem and didnt even know about it, is it possible that the consumption is higher ? I havent had lower than 6,2 l/100km in the car and was driven like my grandma... all this i notice now, one time i had a hot right rear brake disc, but all was good after ...
Car is type S tourer 2012 About 147000 km

Probably the slider pins and possibly the pistons are binding, Fix it by removing the caliper and the slide pins and then regreasing and refitting.
You need special grease for the pins and pistons, the Honda kit for the piston seals has the special grease sachets, one pink and one orange.
If you are just lubing the pins you can buy Wurth brake grease which should do both parts.

Yes, something like that i had in mind. Its just weird ... the Car is from sweeden , winters are long and cold , the chemicals they put on the road could effect the brakes ?

Chemicals are usually salt or some kind of chloride, yes they affect all metal parts and not in a good way
My last car was a 7th Gen Exec, When I got it I rebuilt the rear brake calipers with rubber grease and the old seals, I never had any problems with them but a lot of other owners complained about the brakes sticking on the rear.
The 8th gen is the same setup so I would think without proper maintenance the same thing will happen.
I used red rubber grease on the seals and pistons and if you clean thoroughly and use lots of grease its hard for water and salt to find a way into the seal grooves and cause problems.

Will try this first thing today, hope the rain wont start before i do .
Thanks guys for now :)

Soo i have cleaned and greased the sliders , i have to get greaser tool to grease the pistons , but even now its like new, easily turning the discs with had... the inside pads were stuck on both sides of the car and stoped the disc from turning , i removed them and cleaned them, outside pads were easily removed not stuck at all...