What's new

Not a Honda Fault, just another lowlife.

Channel Hopper

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 7 Estate 2005
Before the Christmas period I noticed the door lock become somewhat stiffer to operate than usual, so thinking I might have bent the key I had a good look around for the spare, at the same time ordering a CR1616 to replace what was no longer working.
Fond the spare on New Years Eve to try and lo and behold its exactly the same.

Checking closer on the lock (after putting some 3 in one inside), there are marks all around the recess where some pondscum has had a go with a screwdriver or similar. Of course I now realise the ignition was always fine so it cannot have been a duff key. :blush:

The lock whilst working with the key(s) feels as though it is on its last legs, so the question is.

Will using the remote fob always provide deadlock security with the second press, even with a damaged lock (I ***ume the motor inside is beyond the combination bit and the car remains safe), or should i look at replacing the door lock sooner than later ?

Of course I will then need two keys for the car.

Utter scumbag ! (if I catch them they will struggle to have offspring/ strung up from the nearest lamp-post etc etc.)

I believe yes the external lock has no link to the deadlock function, after all that’s the point of it.

That's what I was hoping, the bit I don't understand is the deadlock can also be activated by a second twist of the key in the lock, suggesting it is activated at the barrel rather than deeper inside the door.

I think that second twist probably triggers an internal solenoid to activate it. I can’t give you a confidently qualified answer on this one I’m afraid, but logic would dictate that once deadlock is activated the external barrel is disengaged.