What's new

Car Security System not flashing.

stonking

Members
Reaction score
Car
8th Gen 2.2 Exc
Hi All. When I press my key fob I can open and close the doors but the indicator lights do not flash, you know the once for open 3 times for locked. I have checked the hazard lights and indicator lights and they all work. Any ideas?

Thanks

Stephen

I have read the most common cause can be in the bonnet catch area. There is a micro switch there that maybe at fault.

Yep if bonnet is slightly opened hazards don't flash i think to catch your attention that car isn't secure

Bonnet seems ok. I have opened and closed it a few times and that did not change anything, however, the boot does not open on the fob so I have to press the unlock button on the inside of the drivers door. Does the boot also have a micro switch and if so does anyone know where?

Thanks for the help so far.

Regards

Stephen

That does suggest you have a break in the wiring though it could be damp in the boot area

On the Mk7 I've found the following works 90% of the time
Remove seat belt clip that stops the door from closing, and ignore the paint that has chipped away.
close all doors (twice),
slam doors (once).

Hi All. Thanks for the quick replies. I have just opened and closed all the windows in my car, checking as per the post above plus fiddled with the switch in the glove box. To be honest I am not sure if the switch should be in the on position or showing red. Anyway, the switch on the boot does not open the boot but the switch on the drivers arm rest does so I am not sure what is going on there. Also when I closed the car, this time the lights flashed. I think maybe a wet switch in the boot? It has been raining quite a bit over the last few days. I will see if I can open it up tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Quick update for you all. So, my wife noticed that the passenger window did not go up and down. I then found the wing mirror did not move. On investigation it turned out to be the window switch does the window, mirror, security etc. Put on a switch from a breakers yard and now all works fine and the security lights flash again.

Thanks for all the help.