What's new

P1031 Fault Code

billbond4

Reaction score
Car
Accord 04 CTDi Ex
Glow plug light started flashing last night when I started up the car, I drove for a mile and restarted the car 3 times after 30 seconds. The light was still flashing.
Drove car back home and connected to Laptop, got a fault code P1031, Cleared the fault code and hasnt come back this morning after 10 miles driving.
Any idea what the P1031 means?

I googled a bit and found this, but no 100% if that is the Hondas meaning of "Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Heater Current Monitor Control Circuit Banks 1 and 2 Sensor 1."

The Fuel Filter was replaced with a Genuine one last week and had no problems since.

Glow plug light started flashing last night when I started up the car, I drove for a mile and restarted the car 3 times after 30 seconds. The light was still flashing.
Drove car back home and connected to Laptop, got a fault code P1031, Cleared the fault code and hasnt come back this morning after 10 miles driving.
Any idea what the P1031 means?

I googled a bit and found this, but no 100% if that is the Hondas meaning of "Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Heater Current Monitor Control Circuit Banks 1 and 2 Sensor 1."

The Fuel Filter was replaced with a Genuine one last week and had no problems since.

D'Oh I have the Honda Manual on CD and the fault is "Fuel Heater Circuit Malfunction"
So it is probably just a loose connection to the Fuel heater.

Keep us posted mate. Never heard of this after a FF change.

the fuel heater circuit connector is one of the connectors you have to disconnect to remove the fuel filter. it is possible that if the ignition was turned on while the connector was disconnected it will have stored that dtc. when re-connected the dtc will still be there untill it is cleared and then the mil lamp will stay out. you need to worry if the light comes back on.

the fuel heater circuit connector is one of the connectors you have to disconnect to remove the fuel filter. it is possible that if the ignition was turned on while the connector was disconnected it will have stored that dtc. when re-connected the dtc will still be there untill it is cleared and then the mil lamp will stay out. you need to worry if the light comes back on.

No sign of the fault again, will keep an eye to see if any DTC's show up, so hopefully it was just an intermittent fault caused by the FF change