What's new

Bluetooth HFT problem 2.4 2006 saloon

Chris Hanna

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.4 EX Auto Saloon
I cannot get any sense out of my bluetooth gizmo. It appears to be a honda option fit and flashes once when ignition turned on. The best instructions I can find on the net say that both volume switches should be held until a blue light flashes slowly and then pair with my phone (blackberry). Nothing happens when pushing both the aforesaid switches. Have you got any ideas for this problem?

C

I don't have Bluetooth in mind so this may be a stab in the dark but have you tried doing it the other way round and tryed pairing your phone with the car. i.e. searching for devices in your Bluetooth menu on your phone.

I don't have Bluetooth in mind so this may be a stab in the dark but have you tried doing it the other way round and tryed pairing your phone with the car. i.e. searching for devices in your Bluetooth menu on your phone.

I have tried that, but if the handsfree gizmo isn't in pairing mode then it won't pick up the phone. I suspect it is knackered (a technical term as i'm sure you know).

C

Chris are you talking about your HFT by any chance or is this something else you have fitted.

Don't think he can be. Should just be a case of pushing the talk button when stationary and the car will then talk you through the rest.

Please please use the search on the forum .. these topics have been round the block so many times I have worn the keys on my keyboard.

kick off go here http://www.hondahandsfree.com/

I have carried out a search but to no avail. I think I should try again as I didn't explain myself properly (sorry). What I have fitted to the drivers side A pillar is one of these:- http://www.e-lead.com.tw/elead/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=158&Itemid=95&lang=en it is a honda option bluetooth hands free kit. The main point is:- do any of you have one that works as I cannot get it into pairing mode. The basic instructions I have downloaded state "to get into pairing mode press and hold both volume keys together until blue light flashes slowly then search on your mobile to pick up the device" Pushing and holding both volume switches together doesn't do anything in my case. Phew! (don't laugh).

C

I have carried out a search but to no avail. I think I should try again as I didn't explain myself properly (sorry). What I have fitted to the drivers side A pillar is one of these:- http://www.e-lead.com.tw/elead/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=158&Itemid=95&lang=en it is a honda option bluetooth hands free kit. The main point is:- do any of you have one that works as I cannot get it into pairing mode. The basic instructions I have downloaded state "to get into pairing mode press and hold both volume keys together until blue light flashes slowly then search on your mobile to pick up the device" Pushing and holding both volume switches together doesn't do anything in my case. Phew! (don't laugh).

C
I cant help with your problem I'm afraid but can you tell me how much the bluetooth kit was and where you got it please I rang my local dealer today for this kit and was quoted £270 is that right?

I cant help with your problem I'm afraid but can you tell me how much the bluetooth kit was and where you got it please I rang my local dealer today for this kit and was quoted £270 is that right?
It was already fitted to my car which I bought at the weekend. I have no idea of the cost i'm afraid. I just need a copy of the instructions / manual. Of course my car has no user manual (oops)

C

I have the same bluetoothe kit, it connects up to 3 phones only and adding a fourth will erase the first paired phone. Reading from the manual, it says, press volume up and volume down buttons at the same time till the blue led is flashing, then set your phone to search for bluetooth devices. The phone should find EL-HA1 followed by a few numbers.
This should be the Honda Accessory bluetooth device.
The phone then asks for a pin to be used, usually 0000, or 1234. Make sure there is only one bluetooth device on when searching and pairing the device.

To erase the memory, press and hold the volume up and down button for 5 seconds or more, the memory is erased once the red led flashes 3 times followed by a "success tone", the blue led starts to flash once again, stating the phone has gone back to pairing mode.

Hope this helps ya :)

I have the same bluetoothe kit, it connects up to 3 phones only and adding a fourth will erase the first paired phone. Reading from the manual, it says, press volume up and volume down buttons at the same time till the blue led is flashing, then set your phone to search for bluetooth devices. The phone should find EL-HA1 followed by a few numbers.
This should be the Honda Accessory bluetooth device.
The phone then asks for a pin to be used, usually 0000, or 1234. Make sure there is only one bluetooth device on when searching and pairing the device.

To erase the memory, press and hold the volume up and down button for 5 seconds or more, the memory is erased once the red led flashes 3 times followed by a "success tone", the blue led starts to flash once again, stating the phone has gone back to pairing mode.

Hope this helps ya :)
Thank you for your reply. I haven't checked this thread for a while thinking you all had given up on me! I am fed up with it at the moment but will have another look at it when the mood takes me. I just get the feeling it is dead, although I can get one flash of the blue light when turning the ignition key to the accessory position. Thanks again.
C

Hi everybody,

I'm having the issue the TS is running into, yet I cannot seem to find a sollution to this. Does anyone know how to do this?

Somehow it doesn't flash the blue LED at all.

Thanks, T

Firstly, What have you tried exactly?

Secondly, you could have a faulty unit mate, if the bluetooth on my phone is switched off, the a pillar unit will flash for at least 30 seconds in order try find/pair with my phone. I have also found that it takes longer to pair with my phone if my phone wifi signal is switched on, not sure how it causes interference but these are my findings.

The wording used in my post above is direct from the manual, but you do need some sort of light on to confirm something is working within the unit.

Also, just found this info on www.honda-access.com , click into news and updates, and the very last piece is about the a-pillar unit.
http://www.honda-access.com/268/en/Images/50138.pdf