What's new

Real Honda Part Numbers On Lings

nick 9-5

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Tourer LPG
From a different Honda Forum I frequent some clever guy has come up with a way to show the real Honda part numbers rather than the one Lings have made up.

Follow the instructions and prepare for the awesomeness!

Find your parts i.e

/honda_car_parts_selection_pfk.php?block_01=17SED01&block_02=B__0800&block_03=509 (http://www.hondaoriginalparts.com deleted so it shows the whole thing)

Lings Part Numbers

And in the 'part number' column you'll have all the Lings specific part numbers. Now edit the URL, and remove the "_pfk" part before the ".php" part. You'll end up with something like:

/honda_car_parts_selection.php?block_01=17SED01&block_02=B__0800&block_03=509 (http://www.hondaoriginalparts.com)

Honda Part Numbers

Bobs your Uncle, Fannies your Aunt that's all from me. Good Night.

Add a rep point if you like it ;)

Had to read that twice lol, bit hardcore for a monday evening lol!

As for the rep point, you have to save 4 billion lives on this forum before you get one lol

Good info that thanks!

Thats awsome and very good thanks Nick

on the rep point side do you deserve it as technically you stole it from somewhere else :D

Nice one Nick very clever ;)

Thats awsome and very good thanks Nick

on the rep point side do you deserve it as technically you stole it from somewhere else :D

Aren't the majority of good ideas stolen from somewhere? Bill Gates, Mr Dyson to name just 2.

i admit im pretty thick, so if i wanted a headlight it would go from:

http://www.hondaoriginalparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection_pfk.php?block_01=17S4A11&block_02=B__0800&block_03=6905

to

http://www.hondaoriginalparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection.php?block_01=17S4A11&block_02=B__0800&block_03=6905

and the later are the honda part numbers?

Yep - that's the way.

really usefull link, some of the prices are a bit scary though.... £5.5K for the navigation unit.... £1,155 for the DVD navigation disk !!!

Ignore the prices - they are much higher than you can get elsewhere.

i think they made up them prices with a wheel ofr fortune thingy...

heyyyyy

dvd disc..? ok lads how about 600gbp..nice

gear box? 3,00gbp.. looks good

!!

I've never understood why people love to know the part numbers of things???

They arn't very interesting, nor give you a great deal of information. Still, I get asked for them all the time.

What do you want to do with them?

Gaz.

Part numbers + google = compatible parts search between models B)

For example, Honda no longer supply the armrest for the ATR. I a have one but with a broken clip. A part number search has revealed that the same clip is used in the 5th gen and 6th Gen and other models, so i know that i can now buy a replacement part of get one from a scrappy of another model.

I appreciate that, but a part number is not tied to a certain model (when you look them up on Honda EPC). Any dealer worth their salt will be able to cross reference a part between models, it's part of the basics.

I appreciate that, but a part number is not tied to a certain model (when you look them up on Honda EPC). Any dealer worth their salt will be able to cross reference a part between models, it's part of the basics.
Exactly.

Not everyone wants to pay main dealer new prices when a 2nd hand part will be fine.

Parts for the ATR are rare and over priced, but if I know the part is shared with other more common models, I can look for them being broken on the bay.

I'm after a fog light. ATR ones on eBay are £120 a pair, the same part no from other models are £30 or less each. Just need to find a driver's side one though!

Exactly.

Not everyone wants to pay main dealer new prices when a 2nd hand part will be fine.

Parts for the ATR are rare and over priced, but if I know the part is shared with other more common models, I can look for them being broken on the bay.

I'm after a fog light. ATR ones on eBay are £120 a pair, the same part no from other models are £30 or less each. Just need to find a driver's side one though!

That still doesn't make sense though. A certain part doesnt cost more just because it is fitted to a Type'R, SE Executive or an EX. It is what it is.

A breaker won't have the part number, and qouldn't price it as such. Nor would a dealer on a new part.

That is not the case on the 2nd hand market though, if it came off an ATR, it is priced at least twice of the equivalent part off another model. The foglights are a prime example of this. They are shared with certain of the 6G models, but ATR ones are for sale/sell for twice the price.

Take the ATR armrest, it was a dealer option that not many people took. They are as rare as rocking horse s****. When they come up on ebay, they go for near on £100. An identical 6G armrest, but with a cloth top instead of an alcantara top, goes for £50 or less.

The clip on my armrest is broken. Now as ATR armrests are extremely rare, there is no way i could by a clip for it and anyone selling an armrest wouldn't be prepared to sell me just the clip when they can command £100 for the whole unit.

This is the part - http://www.hondaoriginalparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection.php?block_01=17S1T01&block_02=08U9002&block_03=2673

If then google http://bit.ly/M2PQYe i can see the part was also fitted to the 5G's.

5G's came with armrests as standard so there is no demand for them. All i now need to do is find any 5G at a breakers and get an armrest clip for next to nothing.

Failing that, i can call into Fishyfannies Honda and ask for the clip. When they put in my reg no and say "sorry mate, Honda don't make armrests for the ATR any more", i can confirm that the clip is common across the whole range of 5G and 6G Accords and give them the part number. :D

This is all made possible by knowing the part number. B)

yeah its been 7 months but hey-hoe

how do the lings prices compare with other honda dealers, are the prices the same across the board or do they all have their own set price?

Phone Lings by all means but I bet Holdcroft Honda will do the parts cheaper. Make sure you mention Type Accord.

how do the lings prices compare with other honda dealers, are the prices the same across the board or do they all have their own set price?
As far as I've found by ringing around a few dealers, the prices on Lings are the same everywhere, except HH of course because of the club discount.

Just to say if you add item to your basket it shows the real part number.

Some of the prices of parts at Lings is the same as Holdcroft!

exec said:
Just to say if you add item to your basket it shows the real part number.

Some of the prices of parts at Lings is the same as Holdcroft!
Have you checked out there p&p though.

^ Nope, I was more referring to using it as a parts catalogue rather than buying from it, didnt actually see any options to buy parts. Is it expensive?

I'm having trouble using this site although have used it in the past but now after I enter the Reg. # and click on model the page that comes up is literally huge with no info. on it :wacko: .

Has anyone else had or having this problem?