What's new

stereo replacements

mohammed

TAF Member
Reaction score
Car
accord icdti
regarding the changing the oem stereo, iv found a few systems includind at least a 7 inch screen, not so bother about gps, but thats included as well.... it seems like a good fit...but what dou you guys think...can you also mention of any kits which can enable me mount the screen on the dash rather than at the bottom, so it will have to be double din....but here is the link

http://www.suavdvdgps.com/product_Info.asp?id=98

Looks good sufian what price are they going for.

have no iudea buddy contacted the seller reagrding price etc waiting for reply...

Well done dude, you found what you were looking for. It looks like it would fit the Euro Accord, at first I strongly felt it would only fit the TSX as this has a different dash to the Euro. But if it fits and the price is right, i'd say go for it.
smile.gif
smile.gif

that looks good but I would not be surprised if it had horrible Chinese software in it. a few people bought similar for there vectras on a forum i am a member of and reliability was an issue. they were in the region of 400 quid as well.
if you go for it, make sure you get a cast iron guarantee. the user interface was a bit slow and unfriendly as well. things may have changed now though.

That's a very good point!!
that looks good but I would not be surprised if it had horrible Chinese software in it. a few people bought similar for there vectras on a forum i am a member of and reliability was an issue. they were in the region of 400 quid as well.
if you go for it, make sure you get a cast iron guarantee. the user interface was a bit slow and unfriendly as well. things may have changed now though.

Check Youtube for a demo of that headunit . It seems quite good for £400 and has all the functions you would ever need. Check the sellers feedback first before you order though.

regarding the changing the oem stereo, iv found a few systems includind at least a 7 inch screen, not so bother about gps, but thats included as well.... it seems like a good fit...but what dou you guys think...can you also mention of any kits which can enable me mount the screen on the dash rather than at the bottom, so it will have to be double din....but here is the link

http://www.suavdvdgp..._Info.asp?id=98

Does the pretty lady in the picture come with it :wub:

that would be nice!
only problems i see is that the interface software is cheap quality :(

See that's the reason why I was interested in just the unit surround so i could put a system of my choice

I remember seeing somewhere a double din fascia for the tsx with the heater controls etc... you could put a carputer in that space.

Check out mp3car for ideas, some really good installs.

salim buddy thats exactly what im after is the double din but for where the oem stereo goes so with the ac/dual climate controls.....

Sufian my advice is dont buy that cheap stuff... it looks childish and tacky in my opinion, I went for my Pioneer system in the end, was alot more work in terms of wiring and money etc... but its still here with me for over 2 years now working 100% spot on... maybe wait till the next meet so you can check out mine

after all the position mine is in doesnt look too bad does it?

DSC00940.jpg

L27.jpg

it does DVD, Sat Nav (2010 Maps), TV, Ipod, Reverse Camera, Full Bluetooth Phone Support, x 2 AV Inputs, AUX Input, upgraded 80GB Built In Hard Drive, Fully Voice Recognition (I can even speak my track names and it will play them lol), Shows the vehicles dynamics, sat nav even works under tunnels! I have the ability to add two rear screens too,

check out the spec: -

http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/products/25/111/241/compare.html?__P1=17252&__P2=12205

Mo - someone posted something similar from a Polish forum a while back and I was interested. I emailed the seller but never got a response or price.

I'm also interested in this if the price is right so keep us posted mate and maybe draw their attention to TA, they might be willing to do a special deal for the club? I'd be happy to talk to them.

javjav bro your install looks brilliant buddy, no doubt and the pioneer system is of excellent spec buddy, the only thing is positions of the screen, i would personelly like it at eye leveL(driver/passenger)i have been in cars with the screen where it is situated below in the cubby hole area and after viewing for a while it can be a neck ache....thats the reason why i want to try and keep the buttons in the same place but get rid of the horriable oem stero and place a 7" screen(which well could be a pioneer one ;) ) but i need to try and keep the buttons functioning. the reason why im so determined to have it installed rather just put a flip out dvd stero with a singe din is because i had a pioneer one im my bmw which gopt stolen. if it is bult in the dash it is not going anywhere..lol...this will hopefully be hooked up to the headrest screens which i have already for install....fahad bro i emailed the guy about 48hours ago no still no responce bro...so again looking doubtfull, i think this is the same system as the polish one you talking about as i rmeber seeing that one faugely..im thinkin now i might have to modd the oem stereo keep the buttons(still functionaling) but try to get the screen in the middle someway somehow... :unsure:

Yep I'm with you mate, I also want the OEM look at eye level.. Oh well let us know what happens.

What we need are huds with eye movement tracking...

lol, yeah we do....im going to keep researching into this matter and try to find all possiable solutions guys, im glad you know what im talking about fahad buddy(thought i ws sounding a bit daft,since its been a long day...lol)...but if anyone knows of an oem stereo(non satnav) for sale please do tell me guys..

guys found this item on ebay...still on the mission on getting a system instead of the oem honda one...... what do you guys think???

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HONDA-ACCORD-2003-2007-Navigation-System-DVD-Bluetooth-/280679553983?pt=Car_Audio_Video&hash=item4159ce1bbf#ht_5956wt_1139

and for once its in english...lol

Hi. It is possible to get some information from russian forum:

http://www.accord-russia.ru/showthread.php?t=25948&highlight=%EA%E8%F2%E0%E9%F1%EA%E0%FF

You can translate this information to english through the google translation.

I know of a cheaper alternative. I once saw an import 4wd cl8 7th gen for sale in Japan with a plastic din size pod that sat above the air vents on top of the dash. It housed a flip out screen with satnav and probably tv and what not, but that only depends on what spec you fit yourself.

The only problem being is locating the pod. I think I saved the pics but ill have a look tonight on my pc and ill upload if I do. It might not look the prettiest but it does the job and sits at a perfect height.

I know of a cheaper alternative. I once saw an import 4wd cl8 7th gen for sale in Japan with a plastic din size pod that sat above the air vents on top of the dash. It housed a flip out screen with satnav and probably tv and what not, but that only depends on what spec you fit yourself.

The only problem being is locating the pod. I think I saved the pics but ill have a look tonight on my pc and ill upload if I do. It might not look the prettiest but it does the job and sits at a perfect height.

interesting ozzy, pics would be great, the only thing is the oem satnav is hassle fitting in and near on 300.00 then xcarlink for further 100.00 so 400.00 and also install fees so looking at half a g for the unit and install...the aftermarket seem like a cheaper better alternative.

found the pics! Again not the prettiest, but looks like it does the job.

0302929A20110427W00108.jpg

0302929A20110427W00110.jpg

0302929A20110427W00106.jpg

0302929A20110427W00107.jpg

im guessing you could probably find one on yahoo auctions.......

Yipes - that takes a lot of screen area - is it legal?

i think that will draw alot of attention, especially if you are watching dvds while driving lol, it would be good if it was possiable to put a screen in the dash in front of the passenger seat,hmmmm

what about the airbag dude?