What's new

DTC P1237

andrew

Members
Reaction score
Car
08 Accord 2.2 I-CDTI
Hi All,

I have a 2008 Accord I-CDTI, when driving the car it occasionly goes into limp mode. Took my car to a non honda garage they ran a diagnostic and came back with P1237 no further description available. Apologies if this has been covered before but can anyone please tell me the cause(s) and how to remedy the problem once and for all?

Thank you all for your time & patience

Andrew

Welcome to TA

An intro post would be nice

P1237 = fuel pump secondary malfunction

When was your fuel filter last changed and is it a genuine one?

Last filter change was a few weeks ago, it wasn't a OE Honda filter that was used as far as l know? Will a OE filter cure the P1237?

Thanks again

Andy

Well if this just started to happen since the FF was changed then its high on the list of culprits. I would get the ff changed for a genuine honda part as the icdtis have proven to be picky over the ff countless times.

Ahhh, the old non genuine filter... Well I would change that for a genuine one before you do anything else, especially if the fault wasnt there before. ps Only use genuine filters on the diesel accord ;) and welcome along Andrew

Ahhh, the old non genuine filter... Well I would change that for a genuine one before you do anything else, especially if the fault wasnt there before. ps Only use genuine filters on the diesel accord ;) and welcome along Andrew

Will change the filter for OE honda item ASAP, Hopefully then no more limp mode :)

Will change the filter for OE honda item ASAP, Hopefully then no more limp mode :)

Just thinking out loud would renewing the fuel pump along with a Honda fuel filter solve my P1237 problem?

Thanks

Just start with the fuel filter for now - it is a very very common problem. Have a crack at the search button and you will see the problems that arise from poor fluid and filter management.

Andy dont get excited, change the FF first and then see if that solves the problem. No point spending cash willy nilly mate.

Andy dont get excited, change the FF first and then see if that solves the problem. No point spending cash willy nilly mate.

Ok will start off the FF first and fingers crossed hopefully. Worst case is a new fuel pump, will this need done by the dealer with regards to coding to the car etc?

Andy there seems to be two definitions for P1237, as Monks has said Fuel Pump secondarily malfunction ,the other is Boost pressure lower than expected.

As everyone has suggested replace the fuel filter first with genuine one, see how it goes, at least it will prevent future issues with the after-market one.

There are DIY's on how to change it, if you are hands on.

I wouldn't be too concerned about the fuel pump at the moment, unless it has been miss-fuelled, plus have you seen the price!

Probably worth checking the VAC lines for leaks but if it is intermittent, then check the connections to the two solenoids on the right-hand side of the engine.

Also check the airflow i.e. that the air-box is closed properly and the filter has been replaced and there are no blockages.

Otherwise, probably best to get it into a dealer for diagnostics.

as others have said, but make sure it's bled properly. If not done properly can though up the code.
Can't seem to recall anyone needing their fuel pump replaced. It a high pressure unit and very expensive. It's probably the reason the fuel pressure is monitored well in this engine and will go into limp mode to protect it.
Good luck

Welcome to TA Andrew. The guys have already given you some sound and experience based advice. Do the fuel filter first, there's a 99% change it will cure the issue you're having.