What's new

Dash Bulbs / LEDs types

jakey1973

Members
Reaction score
Car
2001 Accord Sport
Hello

I am posting this in the hope that some-one can clear up the minefield that is replacing my dash bulbs!

Can anyone clarify which ones I need....are they 509's or 286's ?? There are so many on ebay I am really confused now :unsure:

Ive spent the best part of 2 days going through internet and ebay searching and still not sure which are what!

From the back of my dash and the ESM there are 1.4w (blacks), 3w (blues) and 1.1w (red/maroons) and they are all removable from thier bases.

Anyone got a list of them that they are willing to share on here?

Thanks in advance

Geoff.

Watching this with interest, as I have some bulbs gone as well!

OK has anyone got any ideas on this please???

Someone must of changed the original 14v3w with V-2 holders to something a bit more main-stream??

I would prefer to use standard filament bulbs but the problem is is that standard 5mm 286s will fit the V-2 but "standard" only goes to 2.3w. The 3w actually get fatter at the bulb and so wont push-fit into the holder properly and are loose.

i thought about getting some 4.5mm 286s led's which should fit ok...but i have to consider my dials are white and im not sure what colour i should get...anyone done this mod that has pics to share maybe?

Anyone at all ??? :huh: :huh: :huh:

Hi all

I have changed, replaced pretty much every bulb in the 6th gen' accord using standard filament bulbs, even LED upgrades... The best option every time was to replace the bulbs with the original Honda ones as they always fit and are the brightest? I usually order a new set for instrument panels as when replacing one can encourage an older one to go and you find your taking everything out again, replace the lot and it will last another 8-10years

Stu'

Yeah i agree, im gonna buy the Honda bulbs on this occasion, and if i get brave enough i may entertain LEDs.

Hi :D

I have just converted all the lights in my honda accord se 2001 to LED's lol some funny out comes :lol:

started with the speedo as its simple. changed the standerd bulbs to white 509T (i think) LED's. turns the dash lights from orange to dull white, so opened up the clocks and used a flat head screw driver to scrach away the "fade paint" on the back of each number. this makes the numbers nice and bright :D! did the same with RPM, Fuel and Temp. 2 hours of work and the dash looks super modern.

fitted 1 white LED into the boot open light and it changed from red to pink lmao so have left bulbs in these sections.

then changed the window switches. this requird a wee bit of soldering. I started at the back and did the drivers side last. becarful with the drivers as its got two circuit boards are joined by a ribbon (can be over bent and brake)
I used 7x 3mm white LEDs baught from ebay

next was the rear fog, headlight ajuster and cruise control. i agian had to solder. used white 3mm with 1k resistor into the displays. for the fog light used a red LED and a green LED for the cruise control.

last but not least the climate controls hehe this proved most challaging. have to take it all apart and agian I solder white 3mm LED's with a 1k resistor into the bottom buttons and 2x5mm white LED's into the display. changed the rear window heater, air recirculation and demist on light to red LED's.

will hope to get pics up soon :D

Thanks

Hi :D

I have just converted all the lights in my honda accord se 2001 to LED's lol some funny out comes :lol:

started with the speedo as its simple. changed the standerd bulbs to white 509T (i think) LED's. turns the dash lights from orange to dull white, so opened up the clocks and used a flat head screw driver to scrach away the "fade paint" on the back of each number. this makes the numbers nice and bright :D! did the same with RPM, Fuel and Temp. 2 hours of work and the dash looks super modern.

fitted 1 white LED into the boot open light and it changed from red to pink lmao so have left bulbs in these sections.

then changed the window switches. this requird a wee bit of soldering. I started at the back and did the drivers side last. becarful with the drivers as its got two circuit boards are joined by a ribbon (can be over bent and brake)
I used 7x 3mm white LEDs baught from ebay

next was the rear fog, headlight ajuster and cruise control. i agian had to solder. used white 3mm with 1k resistor into the displays. for the fog light used a red LED and a green LED for the cruise control.

last but not least the climate controls hehe this proved most challaging. have to take it all apart and agian I solder white 3mm LED's with a 1k resistor into the bottom buttons and 2x5mm white LED's into the display. changed the rear window heater, air recirculation and demist on light to red LED's.

will hope to get pics up soon :D

Thanks

Sounds like awesome. Could you kindly make a video or some pictures during night time, so we could see your work ?
Regards

Sounds like a real mission. Look forward to seeing the results!

The heated seat switches witch were green bulbs and i liked them so just added the green LEDs

Looking seriously fresh there bud!

have not done the trip display as the only way to access it is to de-solder the display :( then remove the orange plastic card at the back. mite do this later if it starts to anoy me lol I think al take anther pic later at night to show yous the full effect :D

this was the funny thing that happend when a put a pure white LED bulb behind 1 that lights up red normaly lol it goes pink :blush: well for a wee bit of fun a left 1 in the SRS light hehehe

think i forgot to say i also changed the indcators to white as well, did my old car in blue and it looks sweet B) so tried it here and it works really well.

would like to no what poeple think thanks for looking :)

Here are the before pics then :lol: :p

This thing looks serious .... Think I might have to take this project now!
An ultra nice mod!

Seen the pics again, I think I have seen the white LED and Blue indicators somewhere before, perhaps on new look Civic Hybrid ??
They look awesome though....

Hi my fuel light and temperature bulb has went
How can I change this and what kind of bulb do I need? THANKS

This looks great, how hard was it to get to the Speedo, Rev, temp, fuel bulbs?