What's new

Check ABS...

Riffer81

Members
Reaction score
Car
2006 iCDTi Ex
Heya folks, I've had my Accord almost a week now and I'm sure this only started yesterday. I certainly haven't noticed it before then.

2006 i-CDTi Ex Saloon. When I start up, I get a beep, the orange 'i' lights up beside the engine temp. The LCD says in orange writing CHECK ABS. This is a quick message, sometimes it vanishes before I get a chance to see it. Usually no longer than a second.

Is this normal behaviour? the car appears to be driving fine, anyone else experience this?

Has a search and cant find a similar topic, apologies if I have missed it. Also I will RFTM when I get home from work. ;)

Cheers.

pretty sure it's not normal... could be a dodgy sensor connection.

perhaps you check for codes?

when i turn the key i get a check message for a second then goes out.I would say if there was a problem the light would stay on.its probably just doing a check of the system .

mine doesn't do this.

im sure mine started doing this when i was messing around with the trip computer.Iv been meaning to look at the settings in the handbook

Not to get you worried but mine did this for a while before my VSA module unit packed in..
But i'd say its nothing to worry about if it goes out after starting the car

my unit has been replaced on warranty.Im sure mine only has the check and not the abs ill look later

im sure mine started doing this when i was messing around with the trip computer.Iv been meaning to look at the settings in the handbook

This rings a bell, I have been checking out the trip computer settings too. Furthest I went was looking at my limiter settings which are set to 30 / 70mph. I've probably hit some random button combination that turns on this check without knowing it.

This rings a bell, I have been checking out the trip computer settings too. Furthest I went was looking at my limiter settings which are set to 30 / 70mph. I've probably hit some random button combination that turns on this check without knowing it.

There is a setting if I recall correctly that you can change re messages/ warnings.

I've had this message a couple of times but I wouldn't say every time I start the car or anything, will look next time

Mine does this and I wondered if it was normal as well.

Im 99% Carl is right and is normal :)

I've got mine booked in on Wednesday to have a look under warranty - so I'll fill you in on their findings.

However it has changed, the warning still beeps and flashes "Check System" (on every start-up) bit the icon on the LED display has changed from ((ABS)) to (( ! )), brakes I think this is.

or that could be information

I also have a similar problem,

Since I bought my accord and it went back to have the speed ring sensor replaced I get the ABS warning in the MFD when I start up, only very briefly, sometimes that quick I can't read it, do you think I should be concerned?

thanks Rob.

Mine does the same maybe its the voltage drop on startup that does it? I always start the car before putting my seatbelt on so mines beeping on startup cos of that. In the settings you can change whether or not you get an icon or icon + words eg seatbelt picture with the words Fasten Seatbelt.

Just had Honda on the phone.

They advise that the message on the MFD is just a pre-start system check. Which I'll accept. Although they suggested that the beep I am hearing is the seatbelt beeps, so I had to advise them that I realise there is a seat belt beep, but this stops after 4 or 5 beeps. If I wait until all beeping stops and dash lights go off before attempting to start the car. I still then get an additional beep and this Check System message.

They are going to look into it maybe being a changeable option as even though they have advised this is perfectly normal behaviour, it didn't do it when I first got the car only started about a week later. But I was fiddling about with the settings so I maybe turned it on.

So to summarise, if you get a very brief Check System message on the MDF when you start up - The Honda Dealer has investigated mine and suggest it's normal behaviour, which they have replicated on other cars in their showroom.

I'm happy to accept that.

I get exactly the same. Sometimes I'm certain it doesn't appear and other times it does. No faults though recorded so happy.

Mine is the same as i said above.Iv checked the hand book but don't really say anything.
So im with the dealers on this and its like a self test.