What's new

Genuine Euro R colour coded bonnet & grill trim

davidcam71

Members
Reaction score
Car
icdti sport tourer
I have been wanting to colour code the bonnet & radiator trim, as a lot of you already have, but with long working hours I havn't got round to attempting this mod myself.
I asked a few local bodyshops for quotes to dechrome & respray £200 apprx, too expensive down south! I remembered someone on here found a link to Heeltoe in America who could order the colour coded bonnet trim for $78 plus shipping and duty seemed too long winded. I did some Internet searching & on the TSX website found this link ;
Color Coded JDM CL7 Euro R Front Grille ***embly
( This is just the Grill Trim colour coded to replace the chrome trim you already have )
71122-SEA-901ZB - Arctic Blue Pearl - C/C (B-507P)
71122-SEA-901ZC - Nighthawk Black Pearl - C/C (B-92P)
71122-SEA-901ZD - Premium White Pearl - C/C (NH-624P) *
71122-SEA-901ZE - Graphite aka Carbon Grey Pearl - C/C (NH-658P) *
71122-SEA-901ZF - Milano Red - C/C (R-81) *
71122-SEA-901ZJ - Satin Silver Metallic - C/C (NH-623M) *
71122-SEA-901ZK - Meteor Metallic Silver - C/C (B-522M)

* Denotes - Not verified color code abbreviations.

Color Coded JDM CL7 Bonnet / Hood Trim Moulding

75120-SEA-R01ZB - Arctic Blue Pearl - C/C (B-507P)
75120-SEA-R01ZC - Nighthawk Black Pearl - C/C (B-92P)
75120-SEA-R01ZE - Satin Silver Metallic - C/C (NH-623M)
75120-SEA-R01ZF - Premium White Pearl - C/C (NH-624P)
75120-SEA-R01ZG - Graphite aka Carbon Grey Pearl - C/C (NH-658P)
75120-SEA-R01ZJ - Milano Red - C/C (R-81)
75120-SEA-R01ZK - Meteor Metallic Silver - C/C (B-52M)

I rang up my local Honda dealers with the part numbers for my car colour they quoted £25.85 + Vat for the Bonnet trim
& £23.49 + Vat for the radiator grill trim which comes to a total of £59.21 Inc Vat . Downside 3 week wait, so I ordered them.
I hope this helps anyone who hasn't yet done the mod & at this price it's easier to just get the new parts

Dave can you show me pics of what your changing please?

Ah! now I see why your changing your radiator plate because you have a diesel lol great work at that price!

Will do In reference to your picture it's the bonnet trim at the top of the picture and just the colour coded trim that goes around the radiator grill to replace the chrome trim already there, I don't need the whole grill as I have the sport model which has the same basic grill.
Just to recap It's just the two original chrome parts on a prefacelift that are to be replaced with the colour coded parts

cheaper than a respray! Good goin buddy! B)

Hmm, I just called my local dealer with the part numbers, and they said they came up as invalid when they searched for them. (Meteor Silver Metallic specifically)

Who is your local Honda dealer? Did you have to give them any extra information when you called?

thnx

I tried holdcroft Honda first, then two mills Honda both said they couldn't order them as Honda uk wouldn't allow them to order non uk parts . I rang my local dealer & explained my previous experience they said of course they can be ordered, a Honda part no is a Honda part no, maybe they didn't look properly these parts are for the euro r not the uk supplied accord so they have to look in a different part of the system.
If you are having difficultly you could also ring Chris @ Japarts based in London, they will also happily order them for you @ the same price, as they just ring up a London Honda dealer anyway but they also offer a delivery service for a small charge. Hope this helps

This are pictures of what I ordered, borrowed from a Hong Kong site;

http://www.supergt.info/full/ASHACL7026-4.jpg

http://www.supergt.info/full/ASHACL7012-1.jpg

No updates yet, as I said in my first post, only downside is a 3 week apprx wait ( might be longer due to their recent crisis) as coming direct from Japan. It's been 2 weeks so far. As soon as I get them I will let you all know & try and put up pictures, I am useless at knowing how to do it but will find out.

Quick update, picked up my parts today came in early. Managed to fit the bonnet trim, perfect colour match before my long weekend away will fit the radiator trim during next week. Pictures to follow. The dealers however did tell me that the prices have gone up but honoured the original price as paid for in advance wouldn't tell how much it had gone up by. Still probably cheaper than getting your original parts resprayed

Aye you can remove the Chrome but I think it will look daft like some has nicked it. There used to be a local pirates black prefacelift atr that had the Chrome grill surround removed and it looked daft coz you could see the mounting points and tell instantly it had been removed.

Lookin good buddy

Just fitted the radiator grill trim.One more picture coming showing both parts installed.
Got to say very pleased with the new look.
A big thank you to DiscoDave for posting the pictures for me

It's looking good so far looking forward to the pictures of it all done

i've been searching round with the part number etc that you posted but can't find any for my colour :(

Hi Paul, you can only get the colours I listed. i.e only the colours the Euro R came in.
It covers most popular colours the standard UK supplied Accord, but not all
Sorry mate

Really want to do this mod on my Grey pre-facelift Sport.

Can anyone give any indication of how hard the two parts are to fit? Was it difficult getting the old chrome parts off?

Type S models seem to have no bonnet trim at all (I.e. no trim at front of bonnet immediately above grill) just the bonnet. I like the look of that, but is the paint under my chrome bonnet trim going to need a respray if I just take mine off and don't replace with colour coded trim?

Thanks

For those of you who are looking to do the same (4 years after the original post!):

I phoned up one of my local Honda dealer's in Bournemouth and for the sprayed Grill Trim to replace the chrome I was quoted £36 and for the sprayed Grill Bonnet Trim to replace the chrome I was quoted £40 (with VAT that's £91.20). The lead time for delivery is still around 3 weeks.

​On another note, I've just called up a local spray painter and he's estimated it'll be no more than £90 to sort!

​However, that leaves me with a personal dilemma - do I wait for the new Honda parts and have a crack at fitting them myself :unsure:, or do I leave it to the painter who can get the job done quicker and be covered by insurance to fit it :D

If I were you, because you've ordered the parts through your local dealership I'd let them do it because the bonnet chrome trim can be a swine to get off because the nuts holding it on seize themselves to the studs and have a tendancy to snap off. I've got a matt black bonnet strip on mine with a mugen style grille so I just wrapped the bonnet trim when I did the bonnet. Hope this helps