What's new

Performance parts

Only Mintex Xtreme pads on mine, and they aren't made any more :(

youll find performance parts are the same for most gens, differing only on the amount they do.

The mods i done on my 4th gen for example, will work exactly the same on the 6th gen as it would on the current 8th gen.

So you need to refine the question down a bit lol.

youll find performance parts are the same for most gens, differing only on the amount they do.

The mods i done on my 4th gen for example, will work exactly the same on the 6th gen as it would on the current 8th gen.

So you need to refine the question down a bit lol.

Why do I need to refine my question. All I asked was what performance parts are you running ! So all you need to reply is. Hi my name is steve I have a set of tein coilovers and a brembo brake set up. Done ?

Steve, careful please mate - there is nothing wrong in Marcus' post and I would also point out the same thing. Your question needs to be a bit more specific.

Ok what performance parts have you fitted to your 1998-2002 accord 4dr's to increase power from the engine (bhp or torque) when I say performance I mean a particular part that has been fitted to your car and increased the performance of your engine I.e INDUCTION KITS

ave not done anything yet, have been looking around for parts to c whats avalible and finding it hard to get what am after.

looking at exhaust manifolds and decats.

have been looking for mugan parts too but nothing that would increase hourse power

would love a M-Group induction kit but they dont make 1 for the 6th gen :((

So thought about the K and N 57i but it dont do much for power, its more about noise and looks ***** in the engine bay, have been in contact with a company today called BMC who do carbon intake systems but dont offer it for the F20B6 engine.
the guy i spoke too tho said if i send a pic of my engine and the size of the inlet he mite be able to offer me somthing :D

and then k-pro witch am not sure fits the accords but cant c y it wont as it fits the ek and ep civics (there is hope for us)

spoon is the next manufacturer on my list and ave not got round to suspension yet.

Right, more power from an F18 or F20. There are only 2 things you can do without having to spend serious money.

1 - Induction kit (£35+)
2 - Decat.

After this it's looking at FI (£4000+), Cams from the US, then you'll need an ECU and a map. Or an engine swap to something like an H22.

I used to have a F20B6 in my old 6th gen and exhausted everything that i could possibly think of as well as spending lots of time on the phone to people.

Ok thanks. Just a quick update I spoke to xotuning today and he gauantees a chip for the ecu increasing the bhp by 10-15 bhp

If you get an induction kit get one thet goes down into the front bumper so there will never be any heat soak.

Regarding exhausts go for decat coupled to a cat back as honda's systems are ***** even on the atr there a terrible design

If you get an induction kit get one thet goes down into the front bumper so there will never be any heat soak.

Regarding exhausts go for decat coupled to a cat back as honda's systems are ***** even on the atr there a terrible design

ye a think the 4 2 1 manifolds get the most power rating 20 to 30bhp :D but am sure you would need to do a induction kit.

aye carinike defos get 1 with a cold air feed! thats y i want 1 from M group but if i get a BMC should be able to run a feed to the front

I would of hoped for more power from chipping the ECU :(

a 4 2 1 manifold wont give 20 bhp top end you'll more than likely see much better performance mid range than anything.

Induction kit wise i'd have a go at fitting an atr k and n typhoon or something along them lines.

If you want management then for power you'll need standalone mangement really

but for all this money you may be better off selling up and just buy an atr which would make your face light up lol

TO be honest the induction kit on any F series engine on its own will only give a max of 1 or 2 MID RANGE BHP. The main reason for having them is for the noise.But if you really want then you really are best off going for a Long Ram.

There is no one that does a mani for the F series engine either. There was a chap who was going to do them, but only got a really low increase in power so he didn't bother.

The only way you'll get a noticable increase in power, and probably only top end is a decat, freer flowing exhaust back from the cat, and maybe a custom flexi mated with any induction kit. But all this will still cost you a good few hundred quid.

As far as i'm aware there is not a chip that you can use on the F series either. As Carl has said it'll have to be a standalone unit. I spent over a year looking for power mods for my old F20B6 and came up pretty much empty handed. The only real option as i've already said is an engine swap, or going down the Forced Induction route. But both of these will really need quite a bit of money thrown at them.

Hope this helps.

Si.

TO be honest the induction kit on any F series engine on its own will only give a max of 1 or 2 MID RANGE BHP. The main reason for having them is for the noise.But if you really want then you really are best off going for a Long Ram.

There is no one that does a mani for the F series engine either. There was a chap who was going to do them, but only got a really low increase in power so he didn't bother.

The only way you'll get a noticable increase in power, and probably only top end is a decat, freer flowing exhaust back from the cat, and maybe a custom flexi mated with any induction kit. But all this will still cost you a good few hundred quid.

As far as i'm aware there is not a chip that you can use on the F series either. As Carl has said it'll have to be a standalone unit. I spent over a year looking for power mods for my old F20B6 and came up pretty much empty handed. The only real option as i've already said is an engine swap, or going down the Forced Induction route. But both of these will really need quite a bit of money thrown at them.

Hope this helps.

Si.

which really brings you back to the point of you may asweel save yourself a shed load of cash and buy an atr which ticks all the boxes your looking at doing

There is a aftermarket manifold available. It's made by Japapeed and is a 4-2-1 and gives 7bhp at 5800 rpm over standard. I have one. My car is also booked in at xotuning to have the chip fitted to the ecu which has now been fully developed. Check out the accordr website or give them a ring. ;-)

There is a aftermarket manifold available. It's made by Japapeed and is a 4-2-1 and gives 7bhp at 5800 rpm over standard. I have one. My car is also booked in at xotuning to have the chip fitted to the ecu which has now been fully developed. Check out the accordr website or give them a ring. ;-)

was reading about the chip for the atr the other day. there was a post saying the ecu has had to be sent off to italy as everytime the ignition is turned off its not saving the data or something

Yeah that's on the atr. Well I'm going to book my car in next month and get it done. I guess I'll be the guine pig

£250 Inc vat. I might even buy some bisimoto cams from America. I reco I could get the car to 200bhp easy nut the question is. IS IT WORTH IT

i doubt you'll get 200bhp to be honest as your f20 isnt set up for it and its not a full vtec unit. Plus as you said the cost side will be unreal

What is the stock BHP? My F20Z1 was 131bhp and 200bhp is a pipe dream without some serious money being spent. Was apparently good for turbo/supercharging though, but just not worth spending the money.

You can pick up nice ATRs for £2k now, spend £2k modifying a 1.8 or 2.0 Accord and it will still be miles off an ATR, you have to consider a 210bhp H22A7, stiffened chassis, uprated brakes, uprated suspension, exhaust, even the seats.

By all means do the induction kit, exhaust, decat etc, i did on my F20Z1 and it free'd a few ponies, but the looks and noise of it all was a greater power placebo.

which really brings you back to the point of you may asweel save yourself a shed load of cash and buy an atr which ticks all the boxes your looking at doing
Which is exactly what i personally did :) B) Then spent more modfying it :lol:

my Accord SE F20B6 has 145bhp so hitting the 200bhp is going to be dam near impossible without spending big £££££

A nice induction kit for engine noise and a set of aftermarket back boxes for rear grunt and al be happy :D

would be intresting to see how meny more hourses you get for your £250 ECU chip

now go and be a good guine pig :p

The F20b head sadly flows badly. The F20a head however is the most free flowing head Honda ever made. it was the blue print for the F20c (s2000 engine)

Bisimoto products are very good, for the F20a Bisi does a manifold that PROVEN 25bhp gain on a stock engine. So you can gain lots easy. However the manifold costs like £400.

The simple question is, do you want 200bhp from a building the motor up or just 200bhp however it made.

With the F20b grab your self a P06 ECU, get a full exhaust setup including a Bisi manifold decat 2.5" collector and 2.25" piping thats 35bhp plus Bisi cams thats 15 bhp= 195bhp that will cost you about 600-700 green notes. But thats also the price for a H22a engine for a swap excluding labour if fitting your self.

Marcus i think that for the list of mods you've stated above mate it'll be more than £700. I'm not too sure about the prices for the bisimoto products, but usually a full exhaust system including manifold is about £800. Then ECUs are not cheap. I know cause i'v just had mine done :lol: I think that for the fitting of the ECU, mapping it and originally buying it, you'll be looking at near a grand already.

If i'm wrong about any of the prices please correct me dude :)

Si.

Well, firstly i should have said (my bad), but the P06 ECU is a EDM Civic Coupe LS ECU, its one of only a few fully programmable ECUs Honda made, it can be picked up from the breakers easy enough for about £30, and can be programmed to whatever is required.

On the exhaust side, you can get a custom cat back with high flow cat for £350ish made to your requirements.

Cams are £120 from Bisimoto if you send your cam to him.

Then a "performance" manifold can be picked up for £180 BUT to get the 25bhp increase you need to get the Bisi one which is more.

Thats how to do it on a budget. However the reason your setup is alot more expensive, is because you have done it properly and got the best products for your car. Also you have a ATR which as you are fully aware is more costly to upgrade than a standard Accord!

But yeah if you have a standard 4th 5th 6th gen and your wanted 200bhp it can be done with £1000. The easiest/cheapest way so far from my research, is get a H22a2 OBD1 185bhp (which are much cheaper than a H22a7 OBD2 212bhp) for £400 then blow the remaining on some of the above goodies, which would get it to 200bhp.

So your telling me that for a grand you can get 65 extra bhp out of an engine.

Come on bud it aint gonna happen

ive an atr and with the best parts around on it i'd struggle to even touch that.

For a grand you can get a full exhaust system that is guarenteed dyno proven at around 20bhp

but thats with a de cat but also a lot of these figures your chucking about i think you'll find are a maximum gain but it doesn't mean its at peak power.

You see the exhaust system i'm speaking of does make a 20bhp gain but its in the mid range. So it doesnt mean ive gone from 212bhp to 232bhp.

The peak gain is only about 10 bhp if that.

There are a lot of manufacturers who don't tell you where the gains are.