What's new

TPS and ABS sensor problems

stevo07

Members
Reaction score
Car
CTDI Exec
Hi folks

I have been getting an issue of late where I get the ABS, !, and VSA warning lights on my dash. These have come and gone without any change in the way the car goes.

However two days ago I started getting an intermittent engine management light and the revs die to tick over. I have been able to get it restarted and drive fine with the engine management light on but if the ABS and ! come on whilst driving it cuts out again.

Took the car to my regular mechanic who done a diagnostic and came up with throttle position sensor fault and rear driver's side wheel speed sensor (ABS) fault. He referred me to Honda with this as he's not to familiar with diesels in general.

Have got a diagnostic check booked with Honda tomorrow but on rough estimates it will cost over £500 to repair if both sensors need replaced.

I just want to ask if this is a common issue and if a fault in one sensor could be causing the light to come on for the other? Is there anything else worth checking like dirt on the sensor, etc?

I'm rather new to diesels but have owned a few Hondas and have never had any engine trouble.

Many thanks in advance

Steve that is a lot of money if your handy with the spanners there is a diy on changing the abs sensor.

My DIY skills are poor at best tbh.

The labour charge is only an hour the majority of the cost is for the parts.

My DIY skills are poor at best tbh.

The labour charge is only an hour the majority of the cost is for the parts.
Hears a link anyway mate to show you what is involved.

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/356-diy-abs-sensor-change/

Steve,

in relation to the parts give the forum's affiliated dealer (Holdcroft Honda) a call you will need the current discount code from one of the admin.

however it could save you a few quid, worth the call.

see this thread
Thread

Hey folks

Sorry for the late reply, not been online much.

Got the diagnostic from Honda who confirmed new ABS sensor and throttle position sensor required. Just over £500 all in but glad its sorted now.

CJM, thanks for that. Unfortunately I wasn't online to get that info but will keep that in mind should I need anything else done.