What's new

55w 10000k HID's ?

uzy89

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord
Hey

I'm going to buy a new HID kit as mine is messed up at the moment, I currently have 35w 6000k but want a more blue look.

Are 55w 10000k legal ? and if not, anyone recommend any good ones ? thanks

No after market HIDS are legal so keeping them to a more stock look the better.
Im running 6000k and would say 8000k is the limit you should go.

Is that a threat ? It's only a question, many people have them and since the Accord's have projectors, it would look legit.

I have no idea where you live, the car you drive, what you look like etc. And I've got far better things to do with my time.

I was merely emphasising that you WILL draw attention to yourself by having extremely bright overly blue lights. If the office stopping you issues you a defect form you've then got the hassle of removing them and having the car inspected by a garage afterwards. Stick with 6000k and you won't stand out and the output (lumens) is higher and roadsigns appear normal colour.

as i said listen to Paul and you won't go wrong.

Agree with Paul...

he's giving you good advice :) it's been proven on here that 4300k is the best for light output and visibility, 6k to 8k is more stylish I agree but 10k that's just extreme you don't wanna look like a boy racer chav lol.... also you don't wanna blind other road users... getting them aligned after fitting also helps the output of the light :) hope that helps mate.

Thanks for all the advice people.

I'll defo leave the 10000, but one more question if no one minds helping with ..

I heard that 55w 8000k looks more or less like the 35w 6000k so if i want to achieve that slight blue look, what is best ?

Thanks

10k Hids wow :huh: Im glad the guys steered you in the right direction.

35w 8k is what Fahad has no "problems" with and it will give you that blue tint look. This wont be for many peoples taste and most seemed to use 6k which I had for a couple of years. I only switched to 4.3k to get a better light output but agree the 6k did look better on the car.

3000k yella bellies whooooooooo. I just hope people dont think im a french car coming up behind them.

10000k will definately get you stopped by the cops in glasgow, if you wanna get arrested you should try 12000k for super purple

3000k yella bellies whooooooooo. I just hope people dont think im a french car coming up behind them.

10000k will definately get you stopped by the cops in glasgow, if you wanna get arrested you should try 12000k for super purple
Glad you still like the 3000k 's Oz :p

Like them.... I love them buddy. I'm like a Volvo, dipped headlights on whenever I'm driving!

I'd say stick 10k's in. That way you manage to give all other road users maximum annoyance when you use them as you haven't got self levellers.

I'd say stick 10k's in. That way you manage to give all other road users maximum annoyance when you use them as you haven't got self levellers.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I actually find the OE self levelling ones are more blinding, as they're constantly twiching looks as though the projector is shaking about. You don't get that with our fixed lens ones.

to the OP stick with 6k.....8k max

Thanks for the feedback guys.

So I've decided to go for the 35w 8k and made the purchase earlier today for 35 quid .. not bad :p

Keep an eye out for my yella belly 3000k's coz I'm heading to Glasgow this afternoon, mainly Costco and a wholesaler in tradeston.