What's new

Near side Low beam light not working

Big dave

Members
Reaction score
Car
2005 Accord type-S
HI, Sorry to not have introduced myself earlier, I was on the old THAOC & I got confused when it changed over/shut down or whatever.

ANyway, my low beam light is not working. I have changed the bulb with a genuine spare from Honda, so it should be a decent quality bulb. IT still doesn't work.

I have changed the fuse & it still doesn't work. All other lights i.e. high beam & the other low beam still work.

I have taken the bulb out, really pushed it in hard, just to be sure & still doesn't work.

Can anyone offer any ***istance before I panic & book it in to a garage???!!

Dave

you sure you changed the correct fuse. There are 2 one for each side. Should be 10amp.

Also Dave to add to what Neal said try the good bulb in the side that doesn't work and also the fuse.

Relay? Although not sure if one relay would do both lights.

OK, it turns out Id been changing the indicator bulb. Well that seemed to line up with the low beam never mind.

OK, now I have located the correct low beam bulb, how the hell do I get it out? I cant unclip the cable for a start. I can turn the ***embly that fits in the reflector part, but I can't pull it out.

What am I missing? THis seems very hard just to change a bulb

Its very fiddly have a search for hids install it will show you how to.
the hardest one is the driver side for access you need to take the top part of the water bottle off.
so you have unscrewed the plastic cover?
If so look at the lamp there should be 2 i think push in connectors pull off and unclip the spring clip that holds the lamp in.
then pull out and thats it