What's new

Yellow Lights

Gazzor

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Type-R
Seems that the lights have gone all yellow, read on tinternet its caused by the sun has anyone managed to get them back to clear again ?

I too have this problem and with lots of net research I have found that a mixture of toothpaste (basic), glass cleaner and an orbital buffing machine will bring them back to glory! I watched a video of it being done and it works a treat!

Just need to get hold of a buffer and I will try this..

Also mate, its not the sun that does it, its our headlight washers that causes it over time mixed with the heat from the lights.

Yeah think I saw that video on youtube, have tried the toothpaste and it seems to work but I think I need a buffer to it properly and I guess you would need to take the lights off to get at them which I guess is a bumper off job :eek:

Or Turtle Wax (or similar) colour restorer.

I only realised this once I had the bumper off and the headlight in my hands... ah well. :rolleyes:

Just tried the autosol metal polish and it does indeed work!

Was doing it by hand but it took a lot of elbow grease and about 30 mins per light. I used a foam pad to work the autosol in circular motion then leave to dry for a few mins and wiped off with a microfibre cloth.

You will want to get quite a bit of the compound on the lense and keep working it around until it starts to dry, leave for a few mins and wipe off. Repeat as many times as is necessary! I repeated about 10 times per light and was sweatin like a pig lol....

Will post some pics tommorow but unfortunatly did not take any before I done them, but believe me, they were bad!

This is the end result from the Autosol treatment:

headlights-cleaned.jpg

another way of cleaning plastic lenses is rub down with 1500 wet and dry then 2000 then 3000 then compound them and finish with plastic x

i found this produced crystle clear results