What's new

Remap on a type S

MCGOWANT

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Type S 2009
Right guys hope someone out there can help.
Was looking to get my type S remapped but my local tuning told me it could not be done as Honda has already done this to get 180hp out the car and the engine was just the standard 2.2.
Now my understanding is its the turbo as that gives it the extra power as I check this with a standard 2.2 and the part numbers are differrent.
I'm thinking the car just didn't come up on his list so could not be bothered with it.

Can any of you guys advise on this as to wheather he is right or not.

Tony

Right guys hope someone out there can help.
Was looking to get my type S remapped but my local tuning told me it could not be done as Honda has already done this to get 180hp out the car and the engine was just the standard 2.2.
Now my understanding is its the turbo as that gives it the extra power as I check this with a standard 2.2 and the part numbers are differrent.
I'm thinking the car just didn't come up on his list so could not be bothered with it.

Can any of you guys advise on this as to wheather he is right or not.

Tony

Hes talking rubbish mate, both elite and celtic do remaps on the tricore ecu's. Have a look at http://www.premiertuning.com/ run by Fahad.

Tony Honda don't simply map a stock idtec to make it a Type S - Andy is right, the guy is talking total rubbish.

We don't offer a mobile service on the IDTEC's and prefer to have the customer in the workshop in Leeds as it's quite an involved job to remove the ECU and tune on the bench, but yes these are very tunable cars and we're not the only company that can do them.

yep agree the type s has 180 bhp due to the larger turbo not a remaped ecu.
I believe Celtic were given figures of in the regen of 225 bhp

Don't think you will be disappointed with Elites work.

David has been doing fine tuning on my CRV which has given significant improvements which have been confirmed on his rolling road.
My power band is now even stronger and wider.

His tuning should transform your car!

Don't think you will be disappointed with Elites work.

David has been doing fine tuning on my CRV which has given significant improvements which have been confirmed on his rolling road.
My power band is now even stronger and wider.

His tuning should transform your car!

Good to here Trevor looks like the mastercard might have to come out of hiding lol

Ah but its not hiding.. it's simply 'resting' in your wife's wallet ;)

Tony have you had the latest Honda ECU patched applied to your car? http://typeaccord.co...level-increase/

ask the remapping firm which ever you choose to remap the car from the file on your car after this patch, 99.9% or re mappers use a file which is so old and if missing all these critical patches.

These remapper take a file of a car and use that across multiple car they don't keep upto date on the patching side of things. they will try to convince you that it is irrelevant and it not requires and they have x numbers of car running the same file with no issue. lol laughable.

if they cant do that for you just walk away and find someone how will do it for you.

I will keep that in mind and ask the question thanks

Celtic can offer a mobile service! Its not a 2 min job though so be prepared to wait around 2 hours. I think they would charge in the area of £375 but you would need to contact them.

They too have the new software update covered as mine just got recently re-mapped after the safety re-call.

Wish mine was a manual so i could dyno test it!!!