What's new

Front Anti Roll Drop Links

Reiver

Members
Reaction score
Car
'04 i-CTDi Tourer
After finding my front right anti roll drop link was broken I've bought replacement via EBay (as £50 OEM seems excessive even with HH discount) which states it's suitable for saloon and estates. However before I try fitting it this weekend, a few questions. While I knew that for tourers the rear suspension was different to allow for higher kerb weight and reduce intrusion into boot, double checking the OEM part numbers for front suspension shows the drop links their are different;

• Saloon PFKL650308 (FR) PFKL650358 (FL)
  • Tourer PFKL650310 (FR) PFKL650360 (FL)
Petrol and diesel have the same parts as above. The same numbered diagram is shown for saloon and tourer but the lower arm and the anti roll bar along with its bush are also different part numbers. So does anyone know what the difference is? I'd guess for drop link it might be length, angle or bolt diameter? Anyone replaced front drop links on a tourer sourced via EBay?

Other daft question, those who grind off old drop link, are you grinding off the nut or the hinge on other side?

Thanks.

the tourer has different drop links to saloons mate

i changed all my drop links and arb bushes on my tourer

and you grind the nut off mate and knock the drop link out

hth

whats the link on ebay, il tell you if they are the right ones

EBay purchase was here. It arrived in a bag marked HO15014 so matches product code in advert at least but its image doesn't quite match as below is what I received. Much appreciated if you can check it's right for a tourer.

typeaccord-droplink.jpg

Coincidentally I had both my front ARB links changed yesterday as the NS one had snapped.

I replaced with non Honda copies as I also think they're a bit excessive from Honda. I think they were about £10 each from my motor factor mate.. The mechanic just heated up the old one, knocked off the knuckle joint on each end and then gripped the nut with a mole grip, and spanner on the other side to undo the bolt.

Heat is the important bit here.. I had also said to him to try grinding it off and he just looked at me and laughed and said.. don't worry son I've done plenty of these. Had them both done within 40 minutes and no mess either ;)

Car feels much more composed now, I had them both changed for good measure and it does make a difference.

it looks right for the tourer as both ends are facing oposite ends but should have a slight twist on one end

and also that is expensive for just one droplink

these are the ones i have got fitted

ebay

I did look at those but they just looked not quite right and cheap with its green cup :rolleyes: so went for advert selling a single link (should have bought a pair) which stated estate so could easily return them but P&P was higher. It does have the slight twist to opposite ends but the saloon is the same. Just still confused why some adverts specifically say not for tourer and some have both saloon and tourer. Maybe downwards compatible from tourer to saloon with a longer length perhaps?

Darn. OEM front link on tourer was 70mm centre to centre but this pattern front link was 85mm centre to centre and is definitely not going to fit. Maybe if I replace both sides could rotate the anti roll bar for the extra 15mm but I'd ***ume there was a difference between saloon and tourer for a reason, ***uming pattern link is the size of saloon.

Not good :(

As far as I can tell from the web the better aftermarket links like ADL Blueprint and the branded ones on Eurocarparts are about £40 each so for that money personally I would find the extra tenner to go OEM.