DaveL

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Name:Dave Langman
  • Car :Accord Tourer Type S
  • LocationBristol

Posted 05 September 2011 - 01:56 PM

Guys please help - I'm seriously interested in the A-Spec suspension upgrade for my 2.4 Accord but need somewhere closer to me than Holdcroft Honda.

I've just emailed Chiswick Honda and I'm not convinced they new what the A-Spec kit was.

Has anyone had this fitted at a dealer local to South West London/Surrey/M4 area? I want to be sure I leave the car with someone who knows what they are doing!

The only mention in the dealer thread on here was of Ewell Honda and that was to slate them so I don't want to go there!

Thanks
Dave

#22 Plumber

Plumber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Name:Rich
  • Car :Accord 2.2 I- cdti
  • LocationRipon, Yorkshire

Posted 23 December 2011 - 12:03 PM

Just thought ntht I would say I'm going to go down the route of comi lovers, will be arriving and fitted in the new year. going for BC's have been told these are a good make.
Lowers form 30mm too 50mm..
Will let you know what the verdict is.
Fingers crossed.

#23 TheHole

TheHole

TAF Member

• TA Friends
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Car :Honda 2.2 i -ctdi
  • LocationLee on Solent

Posted 23 December 2011 - 12:58 PM

Guys please help - I'm seriously interested in the A-Spec suspension upgrade for my 2.4 Accord but need somewhere closer to me than Holdcroft Honda.

I've just emailed Chiswick Honda and I'm not convinced they new what the A-Spec kit was.

Has anyone had this fitted at a dealer local to South West London/Surrey/M4 area? I want to be sure I leave the car with someone who knows what they are doing!

The only mention in the dealer thread on here was of Ewell Honda and that was to slate them so I don't want to go there!

Thanks
Dave

Hi Dave.

If i where you i would:
1) order the A spec kit from any honda dealer and get it delivered to you (or you pick it up).
2) look up WIM (Wheels in Motion) who are based in Buckinghamshire (HP5 1SD).

yes they may be a bit of a drive but WIM are a fantastic garage who will do the install / and full geo afterwards ;)

I should be their sales rep !
Posted Image

#24 btnn

btnn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Name:Mandus
  • Car :Toyota rav4
  • LocationSweden

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:46 AM

Just thought ntht I would say I'm going to go down the route of comi lovers, will be arriving and fitted in the new year. going for BC's have been told these are a good make.
Lowers form 30mm too 50mm..
Will let you know what the verdict is.
Fingers crossed.

Bc Racing coilovers ? Its the only brand i can find that have lowering springs and coilovers for the accord here in sweden..
So did you get them installed? Whats the verdict!? :)

#25 Mr Honda

Mr Honda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts
  • Name:Honda
  • Car :Accord
  • LocationEire

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:56 PM

Just fitted the Honda A-Spec kit (not sure where you're getting the name from) recently, and this really changed the characteristics of the car, seriously!! I find I'm getting less tramlining, car feels alot more surefooted and it used to have a little weave under heavy braking which is completetly gone too. Absolutely reccommend this set-up 1000% :D Love it, should have sone it sooner :rolleyes:

#26 jayok

jayok

Yee Haa

• TA Friends
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Name:Jason
  • Car :S2000
  • LocationJamaica

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:38 PM

Just fitted the Honda A-Spec kit (not sure where you're getting the name from) recently, and this really changed the characteristics of the car, seriously!! I find I'm getting less tramlining, car feels alot more surefooted and it used to have a little weave under heavy braking which is completetly gone too. Absolutely reccommend this set-up 1000% :D Love it, should have sone it sooner :rolleyes:

Arrraghhh... Iooks like I need to start saving for this so.

Under-steer is when the front of the car hits the wall and over-steer is when the rear of the car hits the wall.

Power is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how much of the wall you take with you.

#27 karl

karl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Name:the hobbit aka karl
  • Car :7th gen 2008
  • Locationstoke on trent

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:08 PM

I called HHonda this morning and spoken to Garath regarding the A-spec lowering setup - however they are sold out, he doesnt think they will get anymore. Any idea where might stock them ?

#28 toffee_pie

toffee_pie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,244 posts
  • Name:Eric
  • Car :Legacy 3.0R SpecB
  • LocationSouthampton

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:57 PM

get BC coils dude...

#29 Plumber

Plumber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Name:Rich
  • Car :Accord 2.2 I- cdti
  • LocationRipon, Yorkshire

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:00 PM

Hi all

i have just had a quick scan on here as time is a bit short for atm and so is internet limitations so i do oppologies f this has been coverde already but i am a tad short on time. anyway.

my problem is tht i have my car on BC coilovers all round with the adjustable hight and damper settings, the front setup is easy and i have know dramas with where as the rear i get too a point and no matter how much i change the dampning setting or spring tension does it does not change.

i have got a set of ingalls rear camber and toes bars on there and they have been setup.

now ive looked around it and the only possible thing i can think of is tht the other controling arms, so ther other 3 seem too be under a lot of tension. could this be the problem or is there anything else.
if it is, are there any other bars out there that can either be slightly longer and non adjustable or adjustable. i have looked on the ingalls web sit and they dnt have any for this model apart from the toe and camber.

any help would be appreciated
cheers
Rich

#30 johnny 5

johnny 5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Name:Johnny
  • Car :Accord Type-S
  • LocationHeathrow

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:10 PM

Im trying to gather some interest in a group buy for some Meister R coilovers if anyone is interested...Meister R Group Buy

#31 urban boy

urban boy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Name:Keef Mather
  • Car :Honda Civic EK4 B18
  • LocationNorwich

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:34 PM

Well after months of research on what lowering kit to give my Accord, i have to decide on Bilstein B12 kit, or Tein Street Flex. My car is a 2007 2.4 Executive, and sits really high, higher than our 2.4 Type S. I am concerned the B12 won't drop it low enough to look just right. My other concern is with the Tein, is it a quality kit and will it ride as soft as the B12 on it;s lower settings? I am not looking at slamming the car but would like it lower the arch to tyre gap is about 90mm at the front and just less at the rear.Any views on this?

#32 johnny 5

johnny 5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Name:Johnny
  • Car :Accord Type-S
  • LocationHeathrow

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:58 AM

Tein Street flex have spring rates are 12/7 (F/R)...I do not know much about the Tein Street Flex (apart from costing over £1000), but from them spring rates I would say they are stiffer than the BC racing ones which a lot of people have on here as the Spring rates on those are 10/5. If you fancy saving some money and spending half the cost of those Teins and getting a top quality product with customer support from the UK, I would suggest taking a look at my Meister R group buy Meister R These have spring rates of 9/6 so will prob be a softer ride than the Teins aswell as being fully height adjustable and with 32 way dampening. If money is no object, then I have read some good reviews on the Bilstein but that is not a height adjustable solution.

#33 TypeR

TypeR

Iron Man

• Administrators
  • 5,841 posts
  • Name:Honda Guy
  • Car :Accord 05 Exec cdti
  • LocationWest Yorkshire

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:55 AM

I think member runs Teins on here, J4JAV and his car looks good and hugs the arches well
Honda Accord 2.2 I-CTDI Executive with Premier Tuning Stage 1 EGR OFF 18" Storms, LED number plate lights, LED sidelights, HID 4300K and X carlink with bluetooth handsfree. Diesel Power

#34 jayok

jayok

Yee Haa

• TA Friends
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Name:Jason
  • Car :S2000
  • LocationJamaica

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:58 PM

Well after months of research on what lowering kit to give my Accord, i have to decide on Bilstein B12 kit, or Tein Street Flex. My car is a 2007 2.4 Executive, and sits really high, higher than our 2.4 Type S. I am concerned the B12 won't drop it low enough to look just right. My other concern is with the Tein, is it a quality kit and will it ride as soft as the B12 on it;s lower settings? I am not looking at slamming the car but would like it lower the arch to tyre gap is about 90mm at the front and just less at the rear.Any views on this?

Well I put the equivalent of a B12 kit onto my 2.4 tourer (Bilstein shocks but H&R springs). I put a review up here that might help you http://typeaccord.co...and-hr-springs/

The obvious different being the rear shock setup is different between the saloon and tourer, though I'd imagine the B8's on the back will have the same effect. FWIW the B12 kit give about 30-35mm on the front and similar on the rear. I've 17" Penta on it and it looks fine to me.

<edit> Picture of the drop are here: http://typeaccord.co...post__p__148221

Edited by jayok, 01 August 2013 - 01:00 PM.

Under-steer is when the front of the car hits the wall and over-steer is when the rear of the car hits the wall.

Power is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how much of the wall you take with you.

#35 Jamie91

Jamie91

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Name:Jamie
  • Car :Accord 2005 CDTI
  • LocationSlough

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:30 AM

Are the A spec kits still available? Quite fancy this mod myself :)

#36 Stevearcade

Stevearcade

TA Friend

• Super Moderators
  • 6,699 posts
  • Name:Steve
  • Car :2003 Accord CM2
  • LocationEastbourne

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:46 AM

7th gen A-Spec are discontinued. But contact Holdcroft Honda as they be able to track down some New-Old Stock.

My CM2 - Cold Air Intake with K&N Filter, Custom 2.5" Stainless Steel Exhaust, Reflashed ECU, Custom Made 8J Steelies from Extreme Offset, BC Racing Coilovers, Short Shifter, Type-R Gear Knob, XCarLink iPod Interface, Interior & Exterior LED Bulb Conversion, Wind Deflectors, Yellow Fog Lamps, JDM size plates, Type S Grill (with blacked out chrome), Front & Rear Type S Skirts.

#37 Jamie91

Jamie91

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Name:Jamie
  • Car :Accord 2005 CDTI
  • LocationSlough

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:52 PM

7th gen A-Spec are discontinued. But contact Holdcroft Honda as they be able to track down some New-Old Stock.

Thanks. Just emailed them

#38 Subtronics

Subtronics

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Name:James stammers
  • Car :Honda Accord Type S
  • LocationLeeds

Posted 12 April 2015 - 04:13 PM

I have just bought Tein Super Street, £732 of awesomeness! Can either be OEM soft, or race hard! Fitted in 3hours, then adjusted to the perfect height in 1hour. :)

They are more than capable for anything the average user will throw at them, you only need to spend more if you plan on spending a lot of time on the track.

#39 dynacord

dynacord

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Name:Alexander
  • Car :type s, 205mi16
  • LocationSofia, Bulgaria

Posted 05 May 2015 - 10:29 AM

I've just bought a set of springs H&R for a Tourer, here is the previous car on which they were fitted. Do you think it sits too low, maybe more than 35mm? I'm planning on fitting them on my Type s, but it kinda seems too low (or too awesome?)

IMG-20150505-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20150505-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20150505-WA0003.jpg

Edited by dynacord, 05 May 2015 - 12:28 PM.

#40 Dangro

Dangro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Name:Dan Groom
  • Car :Accord 2.2 i-ctdi
  • Locationstaffs

Posted 30 April 2016 - 09:57 PM

ive got an accord 2008 facelift model, i can get hold of what the parts department at honda are saying is in the accesories section of parts for my car going by chassi number and theyre calling it sports suspension and saying it says 17" wheels max. got a part number 08w60-sea-601b.
is this what is known as the a-spec suspension?