alnug

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Car
Jaguar XF S
ground1.jpg

ground2.jpg

Note I bought this about 5 years ago and didn't fit it onto my current Accord since it corroded and didn't look 'bling' anymore, it was only about £20...may do it again on the current one..

Here is how they are run

on the right side:
1 lead from distrubution hub to somewhere behind the right strut

on the left side
1 lead from distribution hub to throttle body
1 lead from throttle body to manifold (you can see it going under the i'vtec cover on the 2nd pic)
1 lead from distribution hub to alternator
1 lead from alternator to bolt on left side of chassis

as for my opinion on this look at Post 20

this was a while ago but i think it was from Hong Kong. It didn't fit as standard since the wire lengths are wrong (they always will be no matter what kit you buy unless it's specific) you can get some very cheap ones from ebay and tbh that's all you need...don't think of spending mega bucks on something like this which is essentially just a set of spruced up wires!....i'll write more later.

Sorry for the total noob question, but apart from the obvious, what purpose do these kits serve and why would I need one in my Accord?

Its supposed to improve electical movement as you have better grounding from the battery to the car chassis. I think its popular as it can reduce "noise" in the electrical sense and supposed to improve ECU signals which people say can improve repsonse and cure issues.

Well I think its a good bit of bay bling myself which I love :wub:

better circulation of power really. As stock, there are normally only 2 negative cables leading from the battery to ground. With a kit like this, there are more paths for the power to flow. Think of it as water flowing round a system, the more pipes you have, the easier the flow.

Interesting.... I had to fit a power capacitor to my subwoofer to stop my lights going dim at every bass stroke.

Hmm I know the petrol cars can suffer with weak battery syndrome, does the grounding kit help in any way? Monksy do you have one on your diesel?

Fahad, I dont think it will help that much with a weak battery really as most of the current would be travelling from the alternator through to the positive terminal. I would say thats more down to the quality of the cells within the battery or a dodgy alternator. If you look at the negative cables on your car at the moment, you may see some green / oxidisation. This can cause problems with the power flowing too. May be worth getting a wire brush or something of the sort on it for a good clean.

My battery seems fine Saj, I don't have any electrical problems.. just wondered if it was something worthy of adding to the car or not.

Fahad no I havent but I was considering it a while back just for some bling, but never got round to getting the base parts to complete the job :D

Story of my life so many ideas so little time :D

Here you are, glad I've found the new website :)

Alnug, I'm willing to install a ground kit also, and thought I might give it a try for a voltage stabilizer, too , what do you think ?

I've found this two items from ebay , made by NRG - is it a good brand ?

- NRG voltage stabilizer :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NRG-EPAC-3-VOLTAGE-STABILIZER-NSX-MDX-RL-TL-TSX-VIGOR-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5ad6de6d86QQitemZ390151957894QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Is it the same like you have ?

and

- NRG ground kit :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BLUE-Ground-Wire-Kit-ACURA-Legend-RL-TL-TSX-Vigor-RSX-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ390109323923QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

If your really into this sort of thing buddyclub do a condensor unit is nice.

I think Faz had one fitted IIRC not sure if hes on here or not.

Is it this one ?
http://www.heeltoeauto.com/Buddy-Club-Racing-Spec-Condenser-Ground-System-BC04-RSCON-pr-1545.html

How is this different than those two NRG together ? Or does the BuddyClub kit contain both (voltage stabilizer + ground kit) ?
Not sure my questions make sense.

Is the voltage stabilizer the same thing like the condenser ?

[LE]

I've think I've found the answer here: http://www.buddyclubuk.com/condenser.htm
It seems the BC kit is a 2 in 1 kit , voltage stabilizer + ground kit.

Now what I don't understand, regarding ground kit, how many pieces of cable do I need and in which places should they go (in the engine bay) ?

correct, the buddyclub racing condenser is a voltage stabiliser and a grounding kit in one ;) Apexi make a similar all in one kit, i think its double the price of the buddyclub :D

Well I don't want to spend a fortune on this, the NRG together will be round 100 $, I see buddyclub is round 150$, I'm not willing to pay more.
So now I'm in doubt which one to choose and as I said I don't understand how many peaces of wires do I need for the ground kit ?
Or is it a long wire which you can cut it in how many peaces you want and need to apply connectors at each end yourself ...

im pretty sure it comes with 4-5 equal length wires so you can run multiple grounds

Dinoc, when i fitted it, it was really for nothing more than some engine bling :D ...however what i found was that it felt the car did start easier and some of the somewhat jerky response of the car when driving slowly was reduced (but was still there). This was on my first car and when i came to take it off for selling it had rusted etc. since it was a cheap bit of kit, about £20 if i remember correctly.

As for the voltage stabilisers etc. I really can not say how effective they are....they may do something if you have some great big sound sound system in the car drawing serious power...but as general use i can't see how much benefit you'll gain.

Most of the kits will have equal length wires....in the kit I have above I had to cut the wires and re-crimpt them to make it look neat like that.

As for the voltage stabilisers etc. I really can not say how effective they are....they may do something if you have some great big sound sound system in the car drawing serious power...but as general use i can't see how much benefit you'll gain.

On the old thaoc CJ stated there was a problem affecting some cars with regards to voltage drops. Apparently the headlights would flicker at night when the AC compressor kicked on. My chassis number was in the range of those cars affected but it never happened to me. I was under the ***umption my voltage stabiliser actually does do something and is not useless underbonnet bling :D

Thanks guys for the responses, I think I'll give it a try to BC 2in1 kit , if won't help at least it will be a nice bling under the hood with those blue lights :)

Just to add to this thread overall.

Sharkwire (suppliers of auto cabling) http://www.sharkwire.com.tw/onweb.jsp?webno=333333330; do various guage power cables.

Maplins carries some of their cables and sells for about £5 per metre, this could make up a nice DIY grounding kit.

Hi guys,

My 2in1 voltage stabilizer and ground kit from BuddyClub arrived today.
The kit contains 5 wires, 2 of them goes to the battery so it remains only 3 wires for ground kit.
This 3 wires are not equal length, one is very short, another one is longer and the third one the longest.

Can you guys suggest me where exactly to route those 3 wires (for ground kit), please ?

Hi guys,

My 2in1 voltage stabilizer and ground kit from BuddyClub arrived today.
The kit contains 5 wires, 2 of them goes to the battery so it remains only 3 wires for ground kit.
This 3 wires are not equal length, one is very short, another one is longer and the third one the longest.

Can you guys suggest me where exactly to route those 3 wires (for ground kit), please ?

Dinu. I had the Buddy Club installed on my car then sold it and bought it back again from my mate because i did notice a difference in the overall lightning and general running of the car.

I have done a write up with pictures some where. I will look into this and post it in the DIY section.

I am yet to install the buddy club kit but have bought a new battery tie down and am going to fabricate the old one for the condenser to sit and attach on to as my TSX forum buddies have advised and done themselves.

These are the areas you need to wire up

1 wire to the alternator
1 wire to chassis i.e earth
1 wire to the rocker cover

Faz

Thanks mate for reply !
I'm looking forward for review and DIY if you can find it.
So after all it does do something is not just bling bling B)

What kind of support for are you trying to made, is it hard to do, do you have some pics ?

Cheers

Thanks mate for reply !
I'm looking forward for review and DIY if you can find it.
So after all it does do something is not just bling bling :lol:

What kind of support for are you trying to made, is it hard to do, do you have some pics ?

Cheers

I am going to cut and make another hole in the old battery tie down. I havent attempted it yet need to make time to do it buddy

I like the way this guy installed his , on top of the battery with a custom holder, I think I'm going to try something similar myself, too.
From his pictures I can see he has routed (please correct me if I'm wrong):
- one wire to the alternator
- one wire to the top of cylinders head (rocker cover, the same thing ?)
- the third one, I guess it should be the ground point , chassis somewhere (am I right?) , but where exactly ? Because I can't figure it out from the pics ?

100_1922.jpg

100_2140.jpg

100_2141.jpg

100_2142.jpg

100_2143.jpg

Something else, I've seen another install, where other guy grounded the throttle body and intake manifold ?
Why ? Is better or not then grounding alternator and top of the cylinders ?
http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-electronics/31073-buddy-club-condenser-install.html

On the same link another guy sais he installed his to the following: to the alternator, throttle body and engine block.

Which method should be the best?

This is the same guy who i spoke to and am using his condenser location on my honda OEM tie down.

My ground point was located undernearh the air filter to the chassis.

I see but which one of those two guys :lol: , I've post picture from one guy and the link with other pics from another guy ? :lol: