What's new

Do your steering wheel controls illuminate?

Swervin Mervin

Members
Reaction score
Car
Jazz
When the headlights are on? Mine don't and if they are meant to be like that it seems a bit of a design oversight imo.

Surely they are meant to but mine don't work for some reason?

Yes mine do. I'd expect all other models to illuminate as well

Maybe a fuse gone?

Yes mine do. I'd expect all other models to illuminate as well

Maybe a fuse gone?

Thanks for the reply. I'll have a looky in the manual to see if I can locate the fuse.

Isnt it just facelift cars that have illuminated steering wheel buttons?

Very late pre's did too.

They're not the brightest.

They're not the brightest.

lol, like me then!!!

Slightly off topic but, my drivers side heated seat switch isn't lighting up, the passenger one does. Is the LED easy to get hold off and is it a large job to fix it please? Cheers.

lol, like me then!!!

Slightly off topic but, my drivers side heated seat switch isn't lighting up, the passenger one does. Is the LED easy to get hold off and is it a large job to fix it please? Cheers.

Very simple job, Honda for the bulb, Its about 3-4 quid and all you need is a philips screw driver. Just pull up the gearlever surround (the bit the switches are on) and unscrew the switch then remove the bulb and pop the new one in. simple.

And to answer the steering wheel question. Some late 05 pre facelift Accords and the facelift Accords have the illuminated switches. Any Accord older than this won't.

My pre-facelift steering wheel doesn't light up. All the buttons are printed with white text - it's pretty obvious that it's paint and not something that would light up.

Mine is a pre-facelif 05 model and they do lightup when the lights are turned on

As a rule of thumb guys its only the facelift that has illuminated controls.
But As Dan has pointed out a few late preface models like shabz have them.

lol, like me then!!!

See HERE amongst others

Very simple job, Honda for the bulb, Its about 3-4 quid and all you need is a philips screw driver. Just pull up the gearlever surround (the bit the switches are on) and unscrew the switch then remove the bulb and pop the new one in. simple.

And to answer the steering wheel question. Some late 05 pre facelift Accords and the facelift Accords have the illuminated switches. Any Accord older than this won't.

Brilliant, thanks very much for answering my question. I will get a new bulb when I pop the car back for the manifold change next week. Thanks very much :)

Thanks for the replies! Ah well, at least it ain't broke! :D

I wish they did light up though, this is the only car I've had that has steering wheel controls that DON'T light up. My three previous Vauxhalls and my Audi did. Bit of a pain on a dark motorway at night tbh.

Wonder how hard it would be to retro-fit? I want a auto dimming mirror from an EX but everywhere wants silly money for them, did find a brand new one on ebay a complete kit but its for an 8th gen :(

Probably easy enough to do with a suitable steering wheel.

Andy... just twigged who your avatar is.... Nice. Downloading the whole series at the moment.... Spooky ;).

Probably easy enough to do with a suitable steering wheel.

Andy... just twigged who your avatar is.... Nice. Downloading the whole series at the moment.... Spooky ;).

lol, yeh Terrahawks was on when I was a nipper. Haven't seen it in years....shouldn't imagine it's aged too well. :)

Theme tune still rocks mind. Zelda used to freak the hell out of me. I;'m having a bit of a retro season at the moment - Thunderbirds, UFO, Chips, Spitting Image, Captain Scarlet, Thundercats all one their merry way to me.

Did Airwolf, Street Hawk and Knight Rider,Red Dwarf and Blackadder last year.

Certainly don't make them like they use to. Thhe new Knight rider was rubbish apart from the totty.

Thundercats has a new series started which might be laugh. Gotta get into practice for the due when he gets a little older.

Used to love Airwolf, Knightrider and Streethawk good SKY seems to repeat them every so often.

No, but I wish they did, that sounds well cool B) .

I'm in an 03 tourer, so the illuminated steering wheel controls were some way off then. Like tail gate motors that didn't break and head lamps that didn't mist up and window controls that didn't break and front roll bars that didn't break and alloy wheel paint that didn't flake and rear break that didn't sieze and... :lol: i'll stop whinging, I love it really.

Wonder how hard it would be to retro-fit? I want a auto dimming mirror from an EX but everywhere wants silly money for them, did find a brand new one on ebay a complete kit but its for an 8th gen :(

You might have done this already but, have you tried looking at the people that are braking accords? I've seen a few on ebay over the last couple of months.

No, but I wish they did, that sounds well cool B) .

I'm in an 03 tourer, so the illuminated steering wheel controls were some way off then. Like tail gate motors that didn't break and head lamps that didn't mist up and window controls that didn't break and front roll bars that didn't break and alloy wheel paint that didn't flake and rear break that didn't sieze and... :lol: i'll stop whinging, I love it really.

Hang on you have a petrol - they never go wrong?

Sorry - not going there.... :lol:

You might have done this already but, have you tried looking at the people that are braking accords? I've seen a few on ebay over the last couple of months.

Yeah but I'm tight and dont wanna pay £50 for one lol.

Just do what I do, and learn what the buttons do, no need to take your eyes off the road then B)
Neil

Hang on you have a petrol - they never go wrong? Sorry - not going there.... :lol:

Yeah man, I've had a fair share of repairs. I traded up so that I wouldn't. If I didn't like the car's character so much, I've have sold it by now. Problem is, it's got soul and has become like a pet that's always getting ill :lol: . Touch wood it's been good since Easter. Although I think I'm hearing a slight knocking noise like my front roll bar's gone on the left hand side (exactly like 18 months ago :eek: ). Watch this space.

Just do what I do, and learn what the buttons do, no need to take your eyes off the road then B) Neil

Indeed, I can navigate the steering wheel with my eyes shut. I'm a pianist by trade, and self confessed video gaming addict, so I'd be pretty screwed if I couldn't get my head around the controls on my wheel ;) . But I bet it does look cool. I've not seen it.

Until it was mentioned on the old forum by someone missing it I didn't even realise it was there... The whole point of steering wheel buttons is to us them witho0ut taking your eyes off the road :lol: