• Name:Alexander Triscott
  • Car :2008 Accord EX GT
  • LocationReading

Posted 27 March 2017 - 09:25 PM

Model/Spec: Accord EX GT / All the mod cons
Year:2008
Mileage:125,000

How long owned:4 months
Problems you've had: None as of yet (fingers tightly crossed!)

Overall marks (/10): 10

#82 Deano

Deano

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Name:Dean
  • Car :Honda Accord type s
  • LocationSurrey

Posted 02 May 2017 - 12:18 PM

Model: gen 7 Accord type s
Mileage: 176000
Owned: 9 months

Problems: Bluetooth failure caused battery to die after a few days.

I'd honestly give it a 9/10 as it's not really given me any hip just could do with a bit more power sometimes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#83 Flash

Flash

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Name:G Cayless
  • Car :Honda Accord tourer
  • LocationN.W Kent

Posted 11 May 2017 - 08:19 PM

I-ctd exc tourer

7 years

New timing chain 150,000

tyers,bulbs,brake pads!!

M.O.T & service every year

10/10 can still  cruse at 120mph WHEN NO ONES LOOKING B)

ticks over Quieter than my daughters new deisal nissan

#84 ReaF

ReaF

• Pre-Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Name:Reamonn
  • Car :7th gen Accord EX
  • LocationIreland

Posted 07 September 2017 - 04:08 PM

7th gen Diesel Accord Ex saloon
248,000 miles

Owned since 2007, imported from UK
Problems? Oh yes, we've had a few! Exhaust manifold cracked (replaced by Honda). Clogged injectors. Fuel pump replacement solved a hesitation issue. Windscreen pump recently replaced (it's now a Renault one...Yeuch!). Rattle from the timing chain has me finally going back to market to replace. Up to last week I also had peculiar on/off rattling from alternator which led me to believe it was coming to a close quicker than I thought, but that noise has mysteriously disappeared.

That may sound like a lot but to be honest I've thoroughly enjoyed (almost!) every moment driving this car...and still do.
  • Goodluckmonkey likes this

#85 accord_n22

accord_n22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • Name:Alex
  • Car :Honda Accord I-CTDI
  • LocationHertfordshire

Posted 07 September 2017 - 08:27 PM

Model/Spec: Honda Accord 2.2 ictdi (4 door saloon)
Year: 2006
Mileage: Just ticked over 165k miles.

How long owned: 4 years
Problems you've had:

The best car I have owned, offers superb value for money with all the toys. German equivalents can't match the Accord for price and specification.

Yes, it has its flaws with the ictdi engine and the cabin could be a little more refined but overall still miles ahead than other marques.

Within the 4 years I have had the car the following has occurred:

Failures or issues i knew about when I bought it.

-Common Alternator bearing failure - due to longer belt. (managed to get the cheap because of it)

-HFT was intermittent and didnt connect - tested it whilst viewing the car (managed to get the cheap because of it)

-Rear calipers were slightly binding (managed to get the cheap because of it)

-Previous owner replaced the manifold - Honda dealership supplied be with an invoice as proof it was done

Failures or Parts replaced during ownership

-New alternator and short belt (known issue from viewing and got it replaced 6 months after due to alternator clicking)

-Replaced rear calipers - peace of mind (but could have just continued using the slightly binding ones if i wanted too)

-Play in the ball joint of the Front passenger upper control arm (probably the only real genuine failure I have had to deal with - but usually caused my wear and tear still used the car though)

-Replaced the faulty HFT with a parrot system

-Both rear ABS sensors replaced (seems a common issue with these 7th gens but doesnt stop the car from being used)

The car still has:

-Original exhaust system

-Original clutch, DMF and transmission (although a noticeable slip now if booted)

-Original turbo

-Original wheel bearings

-Original VSA unit

I have given the car a 9 out of 10. Despite all the horror stories you hear about the ictdi 7th gen it has never let me down. Since purchase I have racked over 60k trouble free miles in my 4 years and it has never left me with a car that I could not use to go to work or go about my business. A true testament of Honda engineering.

The only real failures are: Ball joint play in the Passenger front upper control arm and both rear ABS sensors.

The gearbox is slick with a great biting point and a lovely manual transmission. I still love driving the car and would be sorely missed if i have upgraded. 

My aim would be to get the car to 250k miles on the original list of parts before i retire it.

Overall marks (/10): 9/10 

Edited by accord_n22, 07 September 2017 - 08:39 PM.

#86 oakeedokee

oakeedokee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Name:Iain Oakes
  • Car :Accord 2.2I-CDTI
  • LocationNorthamptonshire

Posted 24 September 2018 - 12:24 PM

2.2i-Ctdi exec

194,000 miles

owned 1 year

In the year that I've owned it I've replaced a cracked exhaust manifold, rear drop-link, alternator.

It just failed it's MOT with rear tyres bald on the inner edge (4 wheel alignment now done), and engine management light on. The only advisories were misted headlamps.

It's had the P2004 code since I owned the car but only just now got around to replacing the Frequency Solenoid Valve to cure it to get it through the MOT....and WOW what a difference!

No more hesitation on acceleration, no more smoking and a new sense of urgency in the power delivery that I never knew existed.

I feel this car has another 200,000 miles in it now (if only it wasn't for that erratic clutch behavior that's making it occasionally difficult to engage and disengage gears - that's next on the list of fixes).

Edited by oakeedokee, 24 September 2018 - 12:27 PM.