Iron Man

• Administrators
  • 5,841 posts
  • Name:Honda Guy
  • Car :Accord 05 Exec cdti
  • LocationWest Yorkshire

Posted 14 October 2011 - 01:28 PM

welcome to my world guys
iam am an installer with K & M acoustics in wigan we have these kind of problems all the time. i have the prem audio no nav in my car i have fitted a parrot 3100 and dension ipod kit. the last time we did a 9200 it was a combo of leads and relays.
i have been doing this for over 15 years its allways fun.
http://www.kandmacoustics.co.uk/
if you need any help give us a call

Thanks for the help mate, I'm sure the guys will be in contact as and when.
Which kit do you recommend?
Honda Accord 2.2 I-CTDI Executive with Premier Tuning Stage 1 EGR OFF 18" Storms, LED number plate lights, LED sidelights, HID 4300K and X carlink with bluetooth handsfree. Diesel Power

#22 Cooper

Cooper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Car :ictdi
  • LocationNI

Posted 15 October 2011 - 11:44 AM

I've had a mk9100 for a few years in my tourer with premium sound system. I used the SOT-047 at the time, very straightforward installation and no issues.

However, the parrot amp is far from great and doesn't run the sub (in fact I don't think it runs the tweeters either - they must be through honda amp). Is there any straight forward way of getting the parrot to use the amp? Is this the 3 cable method people are talking about?

#23 Accord Ant

Accord Ant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Name:anthony
  • Car :accord 2.0
  • LocationWigan

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:30 PM

hia
the best kit for i pod would be dice or dension this will give you the best sound and operation eg all speakers working and full operation off steering wheel etc.

The reason all the speakers wont work off the parrot is because the amp on the PA is forward of the gear stick is set up into outputs of---
tweets
front doors
rear doors
subs
and the parrot can only run 2 of these. Thats why you will need the multi lead method or a few 5 pin realys but the best sounding option is go for a i-pod kit and a parrot ck3100.

hope this helps guys

#24 Cooper

Cooper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Car :ictdi
  • LocationNI

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:47 PM

What is the multi-lead method? Might give that a go if I know what I need and where it connects.

#25 vinnyc

vinnyc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Name:Vinny
  • Car :06 2.2 Tourer EX
  • LocationBelfast

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:09 PM

Guys any pics of installs?

V

#26 Accord Ant

Accord Ant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Name:anthony
  • Car :accord 2.0
  • LocationWigan

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:34 PM

not sure on all the parts the sot listed above is a start but i must admit i use realys to "bring in all the speakers"
i can try and speak to a tech guy and get a parts list.
If your after a good sound use a dice or dension kit.
get some sound deadning something like the skins system to put behind the speakers and add some extra sound deadning to the rear shelf.
http://www.fourcars....products/skinz/
http://www.fourcars....ostcode/wn22eq/

ive no pics as yet iam new on here ill try get some sorted, theres not to much to see in mine as ive mounted the parrot display in the cubby near the drivers right knee and the i pod cable is hidden in the box infront of the gear stick. iam not a fan of the mki9200 display and controler i think it looks clutterd. however ill up load pics soon.

#27 JIT

JIT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Name:JIT
  • Car :ACCORD TYPE S
  • LocationLONDON

Posted 13 November 2011 - 04:28 AM

I installed this kit in my non pss accord and also in a friends car.with pss bottom line one attempt on either car with sot 047 and it worked fine no additional cables or rewiring just plug and. Play okay only downside I installed it many years ago when 9200 first came out. Double check wiring, I remember once I ordered autoleads cable and the mute cable was labellesp wrong.

#28 Stratos

Stratos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Name:Andrew Godfrey
  • Car :2008 i-CTDi Tourer
  • LocationWorcs

Posted 04 July 2017 - 08:10 PM

Sorry for ressorecting an old thread but I have a Parrot 9200 which I have had for a while now from another car but now that my HFT has given up I thought I would try to fit it. Have the so called correct loom and it all appears to work (I think!) however, everytime the speakers go onto mute whether it be by a in coming call or by my commands via the remote, the speakers bang loudly - and annoyingly so!
Does anyone recognise this and what have I done wrong??