What's new

Oil Leak

RichT

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2007 icdti
Hi to all.
I carried out a service on my car this week. Whilst the car was up on the ramp I noticed that there is an oil leak at the back of the engine, above the turbo. Looks like it is coming from the top of the engine. I ran out of time to investigate further.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks.

RichT

Could be a leak from the oil feed banjo to the turbo, if its had work done in the past its an easy part to knock.

Or some previous owner perhaps spilt oil when topping up?

Agree with Andy - but needs further and proper investigation. Have you noticed if its using much oil?

Agree with Andy - but needs further and proper investigation. Have you noticed if its using much oil?
Hi F6HAD
Thanks for the reply. I have had the car for 4 months, done 6k miles and up to now it has not used a drop.
Top of engine (under cover) is perfrectly clean & dry.
What is the oil feed banjo to the turbo?

Thanks

my advice would be degrease and clean the area. Monitor it from there.

Degrease engine - remove splash guard an put a big bit of card board under the engine. You will then get a much clear idea of where this leak is originating.

Reading the above post, If you've done 6k and not used any oil. You haven't got a leak, more like spilt oil or previous leak which has been fixed.

Reading the above post, If you've done 6k and not used any oil. You haven't got a leak, more like spilt oil or previous leak which has been fixed.
Thanks for all the replys. I am away this weekend, so will not get chance to clean till next week. I will update then.

I too have a leak from the same area seems to be dripping off the main large black plastic air tube that goes into the turbo but from what I can tell its leaking from above that. Needs more investigation however my car doesnt really use any oil so its a slight leak really but still wants fixing.