Heckler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Name:Gav
  • Car :Accord Tourer EX
  • LocationNorthants

Posted 07 October 2018 - 04:26 PM

Mine currently has 173k on the clock and drives like a car with a lot less under it... Just finished a 600 mile round trip last week and got 54mpg out of an EX Tourer on the return journey, the first leg was a lot of stop start, town and country roads and traffic and only got me 44mpg... Whilst the return was 60% motorway, 35% major A roads and dual carriageways, and the first few miles and the last few miles were minor A and B roads. Average speed on the return journey after 274 miles in 4hrs 20 mins... works out to roughly 65mph, whilst the first leg was 314 miles in 2 legs (147m and 167m) in a little short of 5hrs 45 mins... traffic was heavier, town driving and so forth... But still averaged 54mph... Because once I hit the major roads and motorway on the last leg I got on with it and drove to arrive on time rather than to get the best mpg's... Didn't have that to worry about on the return leg.

#42 midaev1

midaev1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Name:Rustam
  • Car :Honda Accord i-ctdi
  • LocationDublin

Posted 23 October 2018 - 09:09 PM

mine is 2008 and i have 190k miles on clock. alhamdulillah so far all good. i drive as if she has engine m5 or rs8 something like that. Fahad did remap and goes like a Bugatti :D :D :D

got the car in 2015 and since only changed manifold(new) and alternator(second hand) only use oil castrol edge 0w30 and try to service 5k or 10k miles 

clutch i think started to slip i think. its like when i press the pedal(acceleration) it doesn't do the pulling like. i dono how to explain. foreign English ))))

#43 rhinogolf

rhinogolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • Name:DAVE EDMONDSON
  • Car :7th&8th gen tourers
  • LocationYork

Posted 07 November 2018 - 08:01 PM

Which should I start with.
09 IDTEC Tourer 289k DPF removed on 125k by Fahad.
10 GT EX AUTO Saloon 244k DPF Removed on 90k by Fahad.
I sold my 1st Honda to Fahads brother yrs ago with well over 250k on.
So with a grand total off over 3/4 off a million miles with the 3 accords I've owned and still going strong
  • accord_n22 likes this

#44 Heckler

Heckler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Name:Gav
  • Car :Accord Tourer EX
  • LocationNorthants

Posted 10 November 2018 - 11:50 PM

DPF removal is a very dodgy area now, and you'd have to refit it for every MOT.. and if you get stopped and they find it's removed... large fines, cancelled insurance and so forth... They've really tightened up the rules because to many people were removing them and spewing out high levels of pollution.

Edited by Heckler, 10 November 2018 - 11:50 PM.