What's new

Oil pressure light

Jamesy78

Members
Reaction score
Car
56 Accord Sport
O.k sorry if this is a little vague as this is second hand info but my wife was driving the car today (06 plate Accord 2.2 I-CTDI Sport with 55k on the clock) she stalled it as she was going round a corner in a car park and the oil pressure warning message came up on the display and bong'd at her, after this she noticed that the Temperature gauge was sat down right close to the minimum white line but she was only driving for 5mins or so. I am hopefully ***uming the oil pressure warning was caused by the car stalling, I checked the oil when she got home and it was just below the 2nd punch hole after sitting for 15mins and the other fluid levels looked fine so while I was at it it I sparked up the engine and the temp gauge was still sat just above the white line.. You will have to forgive my ignorance but we have only had the car just over 2 weeks so it's all a bit new and I want to get onto the Dealership asap if this is a problem as they have the 30 day fix anything warranty before the Honda happiness warranty kicks in.

Doesn't seem something to worry about.
If the oil light went off after starting the car, it should be fine. And 5 minutes are not enought to take the temperature needle anywhere.
wink.gif

If the light comes on while driving, that's something to worry about. But keep an eye on it.

Totally... when I stall the accord (far too frequently for my liking) the oil light comes on and I always pass a little body fluid. It nothing to worry about thankfully.

Good advice from the guys but you done the right thing by asking.
If the oil level is not correct on theses cars you can cause a lot of damage.
If it was me i check my oil every week without fail just in case.

Well thanks for the replies folks, had a slightly knee jerk panic reaction lol.
Need to convince the wife the car needs a remap next.... maybe guilt trip her for giving me a headache this afternoon.

Plenty of justifications posted here over the last year or so...:D

Yeah a free guilt trip for the wife every so often can only be a good thing ;)

You could always argue remap = less chance of her stalling at slow speeds = avoids oil light coming on :D