What's new

F18B2 engine mods?

geoff12

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord 1.8i v-tec s
Hi folks, just bought a 1.8 vtec s 2001 and was wondering how to get more power out the engine, I am fairly good with the tools but am not up to par with the numerous bits you can bolt on a car these days so any help or advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated.Thanks.

Hey fella.

To be honest, with bolt on bits you'll get a max of a 10bhp gain. This is an induction kit, and de-cat and an exhaust.

If you were to spend more you'd be cams from someone like Bisimoto, ECU, ported and polished head, then weight stripping.

Best bet is either some kind of forced induction, or an H22 swap.

There are a few other threads on here about getting more power from an F18 or F20 fella. Have a read through the 6th gen section and there should be ,mo,re info for you. If you can't find it, post up woth some more questions and people will be happy to help you out.

Hey fella.

To be honest, with bolt on bits you'll get a max of a 10bhp gain. This is an induction kit, and de-cat and an exhaust.

If you were to spend more you'd be cams from someone like Bisimoto, ECU, ported and polished head, then weight stripping.

Best bet is either some kind of forced induction, or an H22 swap.

There are a few other threads on here about getting more power from an F18 or F20 fella. Have a read through the 6th gen section and there should be ,mo,re info for you. If you can't find it, post up woth some more questions and people will be happy to help you out.
Hello mate,thanks for the info. Is it possible to go for a re-bore along with the above,new pistons etc.? Also. how do you rate the manifolds out there claiming up to 25 bhp increase?

The only limit to the power increase is the budget you've got. I used to have a 2.0 SE 6th gen and spent months looking into how to get more power from the engine. In the end i decided to go for the Type R. Forced induction will cost from £6000 upwards. A full rebuild and bottom end work etc has to be considered too.

A re-bore and new pistons are possible, but will cost quite a lot. The compression gets upgraded i believe with new pistons etc so quite a bit of head work will be involved.

With regard to manifolds alone that will give a BHP increase of 25 over standard at top end are in my opinion silly. If you were to go for say a bisi manifold, a decat, and an induction kit you MIGHT see 25 bhp over the rev range added up. So you might be able to get say 2-3bhp across the range with maybe a max power increase of 7-8.

But you won't go from having 138-163bhp. It just isn't possible on the F series engine. The head on the Fs are great already, and there is only a little increase (if any) to be had from a port and polish without a set of cams.

Have you had a search in the 6th gen section for the other threads? The main thing to rememebr is that tuning a N/A engine is really difficult and the amount of outlay for the power, frankly, isn't really worth it.

But have a search for the other threads, have a read and post any more questions/comment/thoughts you have. Everyone here is very willing to help.

The only limit to the power increase is the budget you've got. I used to have a 2.0 SE 6th gen and spent months looking into how to get more power from the engine. In the end i decided to go for the Type R. Forced induction will cost from £6000 upwards. A full rebuild and bottom end work etc has to be considered too.

A re-bore and new pistons are possible, but will cost quite a lot. The compression gets upgraded i believe with new pistons etc so quite a bit of head work will be involved.

With regard to manifolds alone that will give a BHP increase of 25 over standard at top end are in my opinion silly. If you were to go for say a bisi manifold, a decat, and an induction kit you MIGHT see 25 bhp over the rev range added up. So you might be able to get say 2-3bhp across the range with maybe a max power increase of 7-8.

But you won't go from having 138-163bhp. It just isn't possible on the F series engine. The head on the Fs are great already, and there is only a little increase (if any) to be had from a port and polish without a set of cams.

Have you had a search in the 6th gen section for the other threads? The main thing to rememebr is that tuning a N/A engine is really difficult and the amount of outlay for the power, frankly, isn't really worth it.

But have a search for the other threads, have a read and post any more questions/comment/thoughts you have. Everyone here is very willing to help.
mmmm, lots to ponder thanks again!

Anyone would think Si had looked into this once or twice :lol:

^^^^Just a bit pmsl :lol: :lol: