What's new

Tyre Pressure 18s

waj1974

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord i-ctdi
Just bought some Honda Storm alloy wheels 18s for my Honda Accord CTDI with Michelin PS2 tyres... :D
Could someone please advise me what tyre pressure for front and back please.
Tyre size is 225/40/18

Just bought some Honda Storm alloy wheels 18s for my Honda Accord CTDI with Michelin PS2 tyres... :D
Could someone please advise me what tyre pressure for front and back please.
Tyre size is 225/40/18

39 front 36 rear.

Damn I didnt know it was that much, crespo mines a saloon ctdi 54 plate is that 100% correct 39 front 36 rear????

Damn I didnt know it was that much, crespo mines a saloon ctdi 54 plate is that 100% correct 39 front 36 rear????

that's correct mate. lower side wall on the tyre requires more PSI.
Its 33 front and 32 rear for 17s with 225/45/17

39 front and 36 rear for 225/40/18

Waj I tend to run 35 front and 34 rear but that my tourer.

Try playing with pressures and find one that suits but 39 is too high in my opinion. I would say 34 all round or 35 at most.

I think I'm having a severe case of de ja vu, wasn't this discussed very recently, like 2 weeks ago!?!

I'm running factory Storm 18s with the standard tyre profile of 225/40/18 and Honda's sticker on the door pillar states 38 psi front and back.

I would say though that after recently being in a car with a tyre profile of 225/45/18 the ride is considerably more comfortable than the 40 profile, and easier to drive with as well (far less tramlining). I might actually consider trying them next time I change my tyres.

Interesting, i've always put in 32 all round. Should I increase it. I also have the 18" storms

Shabz, increase it and see how you get on, interestingly my cousin also just after scanning the internet, says 38 all round...but to me it feels the fronts are rock solid when going over bumps etc but if like doc is saying it states on the door jambs 38 all round then who am I to disagree...

The tyres do feel hard when you are driving using 38 psi and I have previously tried different tyre pressures to get round this putting in 33 and 36 psi. But I have found putting in these sorts of pressure does make the tyre sit lower and look like it is going flat. And when I park the car with 2 wheels on a kerb the 2 wheels in the road look terrible, I'm constantly paranoid I have a slow puncture they look that bad. So I've settled with the 38 as recommended. As I mentioned before if it wasn't just me in the car and I was carrying a family I would seriously consider 45 profile tyres as they absorb the bumps in the road so much better.