What's new

Tourer Rear Bulbs

apintofmild

Members
Reaction score
Car
Golf GTD
Having realised I've no bulbs in stock for my (Pre-Facelift) Accord Estate (blown bulbs are a massive pet hate) I've just returned from the motor factor with a pocket full of spares.

The manual tells you how to change them, but not what you need. Swapping is easy enough, just a screwdriver for the outer light cluster and bony girl hands to get at the boot lid tail light.

2920d8x.jpg

(I believe Honda specify the 7440 / 7443, but 582 / 580 appear to be the same size and fitment, and I can find no evidence that they're incompatible -comment welcome!)

I remember reading a thread on here that the 7440 bulbs fit but LED replacements with 7440/7443 marked on them didn't, or something like that, no mention of 582 from what I remember. I'll be looking for LEDs probably for some of these bulbs at some point, probably all but fog and reverse.

Upping this old thread...

I have burned break light, I unscrew the 2 screws it sayes '<- slide' on the plastic, i do that but the light dosen't want to come. Tried forcing up to the comfort zone, but still it dont want to come out... I have tried like 'shaking it' up and down while sliding it in motion but still it holds on to something in the body section...

How is it fixed in to the other end? some sort of clip or something? I dont want to break it.

Two plastic push pin clips that can get a bit stuck.

Make sure you only slide it the way the arrow points or you will break the pins, don't ask me how I know!!!

Just keep wiggling it and it will eventually come off.

The 'best' video i found is this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZPntHdwqBU

The owner also struggles with it and video ends without removing the headlight :D