What's new

2 Stroke oil in your ictdi

Monks

Admin / Co-Founder
Reaction score
Car
-
I dont have much choice as the Mazda needs 98 ron or above and Ive been using tesco 99ron since ownership.

In the accord I used both VPD and Total excelluim as the extra mpg made it near cost neutral as Dan has said.

Also look into using a good semi syth or mineral 2 stroke oil JASO FS stuff, 250 to 300ml per tank. I ran 2 stroke for the last 18 months and my car loved it with the engine being quieter and produced less smoke. Faddy will testify to the less smoke as when it was egr deleted he said it was the cleanest diesel accord he had ever seen.

NB lubetech do 2 stroke which is used to us 4/5 litre for about £20 so very economical to use.

Yes have to agree about the 2 stroke, I know Trev with the CRV also swears by it.

Andy,

I'm seriously considering trying 2 stroke in me diesel, is this the stuff you used and got good results from?
Lubetech 2 stroke

Thats the one Matt great price and will last a long time.

Anyone considering this most 2 strokes are okay but NOT FULLY SYNTHETIC

hi all and happy christmas!! andy mentioned that he was using 2 stroke (and kindly gave me a bunch of it and other stuff to boot) in his/my tourer, although i understand the benefits being a novice to using this, whats the ratio on a full tank anyone? cheers, al :rolleyes:

Half a pint to a full tank I think.

Another 2 stroke supporter here. I always end up buying the 1 litre bottles of 2 stroke and put in about a quarter bottle per tank. So Dan is right on the money with a half pint to a tank.

Thats the one Matt great price and will last a long time.

Anyone considering this most 2 strokes are okay but NOT FULLY SYNTHETIC
Cheers Andy I'll get onto that. I take it fully synthetic doesn't mix very well with the diesel?!

hi all and happy christmas!! andy mentioned that he was using 2 stroke (and kindly gave me a bunch of it and other stuff to boot) in his/my tourer, although i understand the benefits being a novice to using this, whats the ratio on a full tank anyone? cheers, al :rolleyes:
The mix between petrol to 2 stroke is supposed to be 200:1.

So in 50 litres of diesel put 250ml of 2 stroke.

The diesel has a 60 litre tank so as Andy suggested earlier 250 - 300 ml per tank is fine.

Obviously if you only half fill the tank put in half as much 2 stroke otherwise the mix will be twice as strong. Best to look how much diesel you put in when you fill the tank and judge accordingly.

Guys im new to this 2 stroke oil info so I filled up full tank of diesel last night so its ok for me to add 300ml to the tank with this http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_categoryId_255223_productId_220309_langId_-1?cm_mmc=Shopping-_-Google%20Product%20Search-_-Car%20Care%20%26%20Maintenance%2FEngine%20Oils%20%26%20Car%20Fluids%2FLubricating%20%26%20Penetrating%20Oil-_-Halfords%202%20Stroke%20Garden%20Engine%20Oil%201L&source=shopping#dtab

Waj, that stuff is fine, i usually get mine from Asda/Tesco. As long as its low ash and either mineral/semi synthetic its fine. There's actually nothing wrong with using fully synthetic, but fully synthetic doesnt give you any benefits and costs twice as much so its not worth it

Yep 250 / 300 ml per tank is ideal ratio for our car.

There has been some evidence of fully synthetic not burning full and clogging Cat's whether that the case or not its not worth using it at all.

Andy i went to tesco they had a bottle of 1 litre2 stroke motorcycle oil I presume thats the one I needed, it was red on colour, and should I run it to empty then add the 2 stroke oil and fill it to full

Waj, thats the stuff :) no need to run till empty, just go fill up and add the 2 stroke whilst on the forecourt before putting the diesel in, that'll get it mixed fully.

40 bhp ;).

Ahmed, the thoughts are that it reacts with the diesel so that the fuel gives a more complete burn and of course it is a lubricant, so gives added lubricity to parts that need it, ie. fuel pump. From personal experience, my car runs smoother, quieter, and every time i've used it I seem to get a few extra mpg. However, the mpg could be down to the fact that i'm enjoying the extra smoothness from the engine and driving accordingly (this is more than likely the reason for my extra mpg)

Ahmed, the thoughts are that it reacts with the diesel so that the fuel gives a more complete burn and of course it is a lubricant, so gives added lubricity to parts that need it, ie. fuel pump. From personal experience, my car runs smoother, quieter, and every time i've used it I seem to get a few extra mpg. However, the mpg could be down to the fact that i'm enjoying the extra smoothness from the engine and driving accordingly (this is more than likely the reason for my extra mpg)

Im Curios, so 250ml straight in to the fuel tank just before filling up? From what I have read it looks like it cleans the tank as well.. Is it ok to put it in any diesel car?

Andy i went to tesco they had a bottle of 1 litre2 stroke motorcycle oil I presume thats the one I needed, it was red on colour, and should I run it to empty then add the 2 stroke oil and fill it to full

Yep that will be fine mate, however stick it in when you fill up as otherwise it wont mix properly.

The 2 stroke oil will emulsify with the diesel and once this reaction has occurred it will never separate again. The 2 stroke provides a more complete clean burn of the diesel and has the advantage of lubricating the fuel pump. Over the 18 months I used it I notice a slight increase in MPG probably made it near cost neutral in reality but the smoother and quieter engine in the cold months made it worth while in my eyes.

Yep that will be fine mate, however stick it in when you fill up as otherwise it wont mix properly.

The 2 stroke oil will emulsify with the diesel and once this reaction has occurred it will never separate again. The 2 stroke provides a more complete clean burn of the diesel and has the advantage of lubricating the fuel pump. Over the 18 months I used it I notice a slight increase in MPG probably made it near cost neutral in reality but the smoother and quieter engine in the cold months made it worth while in my eyes.

Ill give it a try next couple of days and report back to you

Is this fact Dan or from personal experience?
huh.gif

By the way i was not aware of this mixing 2 stroke oil with diesel until now!!!
huh.gif

As i have noticed only positives seem to be coming from this!

Has anybody noticed any problems with using this stuff? or when they have stopped using this combination?

By the way hope you all had a good day!
smile.gif

No mate - I was taking the mickey... :blush:

Well guys I've done about 300 miles with the 2 stroke oil mixed and also I havent noticed any difference in perfirmance etc what I have definitely noticed though is how quieter the engine is when starting from cold and also when idling hot so I'm gonna stick with it...thanks guys for letting me know about this...

No worries Waj mate yep no peformance gains can be or should be expected.

Glad you noticied the same difference I did when I used it.

Has anybody noticed any problems with using this stuff? or when they have stopped using this combination?

Well I researched this for months on the net to find any negatives and I couldnt find any massive problems. The main issue is the subjective feeling of any improvements in noise or a smoother engine. As most people felt a difference had been made some people did not which is no suprise really and of course there is the extra cost and hassle of putting it in at every fill up.

I used a 500ml coke bottle with a marker on 200ml and 300ml and simply made sure I always had a full one in the car at all times.

good idea andy with the coke bottle i was scouring around the house looking for a small 250ml bottle so i can keep it in the boot too great minds think alike lol

OK so it sounds like adding 2 stroke oil is good for lubrication and for helping the diesel burn and no doubt helps extend the life of the engine.

If I am rignt you guys think it's worth adding 2 stroke oil AND using the premium grades of diesel (which should also help lubricate)... (?)

But the elephant in the room is: how come the oil companies dont do this for us? Does it make some form of pollution worse?
I mean how come premium diesel doesnt have 2 stroke oil (or the equivalent of it) already added?

J

This looks interesting. Can someone please confirm this stuff is ok for the 7th gen diesel please:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_categoryId_255223_productId_220309_langId_-1?cm_mmc=Shopping-_-Google%20Product%20Search-_-Car%20Care%20%26%20Maintenance%2FEngine%20Oils%20%26%20Car%20Fluids%2FLubricating%20%26%20Penetrating%20Oil-_-Halfords%202%20Stroke%20Garden%20Engine%20Oil%201L&source=shopping#dtab