What's new

CD Changer Error

jacko lah

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 ictdi
So I had my Executive about 4 weeks and DOH.... I put 6 discs in the CD player, but the last one causes it to go into Error mode.

Owners manual says "See a dealer" ... although not sure where my nearest one is..... and would rather not pay if it's simple enough.

Also. I usually do all my own repairs and servicing, so I could do with a proper manual. (or PDF would do)

So I had my Executive about 4 weeks and DOH.... I put 6 discs in the CD player, but the last one causes it to go into Error mode.

Owners manual says "See a dealer" ... although not sure where my nearest one is..... and would rather not pay if it's simple enough.

Also. I usually do all my own repairs and servicing, so I could do with a proper manual. (or PDF would do)

Nobody ?

I can't help but I have the same problem with my first CD ...

Due to a lack of funds to fix something that is not as important as say brakes or oil or tyres or filters, or headlight bulbs, I have done ****** all to fix this, but I'd really like to get 5 of my 6 discs out one day.

Problem is that without a manual, i can't work out how to safely remove the unit, so that I can look at the outside of it, panic and then refit it without breaking the heating and ventilation functionality. So if anyone can tell me how to get it out, i'd be forever greatful :eek: :wub: :eek:

Jacko it's easy peasy to remove.
Search for: parrot car kit DIY

There is a thread by me and a few others detailing how to remove the HU ;)

IMO the 6 cd autochanger is u/s, I've had my EX tourer for 8 months and the unit has never worked properly. First a cd jammed in it, Honda agreed to pay for the repair but the entire hu was out for 6 weeks so no temperature controls, no demisters etc then it started skipping and mistracking from track 4 onwareds on almost all cds. I am having an xcarlink usb player installed on Monday for £150 all in (unit and fitting at home). A breaker's yard replacement hu/autochanger is over £200 plus fitting (unless you want to do it yourself) so say £300 fitted and will probably go wrong in a matter of weeks. Along with the paint that scratches when you breathe on it these two things really let the Accord down which is a shame because apart from those faults it is the best car I have owned in 30 years (and I've owned a few).

Had the same issue with my cd player when i get an error, was hoping to get cd's back and fix the unit, apparently no cd's saved and cd player was still showing cd error, cheapest option was to get rid of old cd player go to scrap yard and get another same one. That's what i did! Only paid 25 quid and all sorted :) No errors now what so ever.

+1 on the paint, so easy to scrach the accord I have pretty gave up on cleaning mine.

as for the cv chanmger, I have a 6 cd and used it once, no one uses CDs/DVDs no more and thus they are more expensive to repair or buy.

I got the xlink also, very good. no messing around with stupid discs.

Just added xlink and so far very pleased with quality and no cds to lose

CD's are soooo 1980's :D

Likewise, my cd changer has never worked. Honda wanted +£400 to remove it & send it off for repair. Got a new parrot fitted for half that, cd's just dont get a look in :lol: