What's new

F20B6 engine lambda

HON65

Members
Reaction score
Car
honda accord
I have W 2000 exec with the F20B6 engine, has anyone found the right lambda for this engine variant yet that works?

I have read the previous posts, but they dont seem to name that engine.

to recap should a denso or ngk (ntk on ebay??) be better than a.n. other /bosch etc\?

If it comes to genuine has anyone had a good deal anywhere.

has anyone tried a used one from a scrapped engine? is this a viable option or throwing £££ away.

:rolleyes:

Personally i'd go for MGK, but that's only cause that's the make of my plugs :lol:

As Saj has said dude. Give VtecDirect a call.

heres the update...

sourced a denso from vtec direct...and still not put the light out <_< proper p****d!

lost one of the fault codes though 1166, 1167 still showing primary o2 sensor....

will have to fork out for Honda Gen and keep fingers crossed :ph34r: any further suggestions before I proceed..

what is the code of sensor you got? what are wire colors of sensor?
have you checked heater circuit? is there 12V(acc voltage) on pins of heater circuit?(pins that connects to black wires of sensor)
I'm waiting for sensor from Vtec Direct too(same engine)... so its interesting to know :)

**UPDATE**

Fitted a gen honda lambda and light no longer on-does the job :D :D , car feels better too, was getting low idle-felt poorly...

So the moral is for this engine F20B6 go gen, by the way any one interested in a nearly new denso?? :blush:

interesting why you ran engine with lambda and check engine light on? why not asked to return money for it after you saw that problem still persist?

still... can you write code of oxygen sensor which you got from vtec direct? If I will get the same I would not use it then, and would try to get refund.

denso and two sets of numbers

08N30

I would post a pic but photos on my hard drive not a http, can't just download anymore...?

I got the same sensor as yours. didn't even tried to put it. after googling a little bit I found that this sensor is for toyota rav4( maybe I'm wrong but don't think so). sent photos to Vtec Direct and asked for replacement. so now I'm just waiting for arrival for new one.

I would post a pic but photos on my hard drive not a http, can't just download anymore...?

didn't understand you question :)

here is image of oxygen sensor which I got

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Linas your new sensor should be with you any day now.

OP I wasnt involved in the sale of your sensor personally, but am aware you didnt want to pay the fee for us plugging our diagnostics in to test the circuit, remove the light etc. We would have easily have told you whether or not the sensor was causing the issue.

I'm great-full Andy for you concern :) gearbox oil is already filled up and I'm feeling much improvement in gear change smoothness.
I have ELM327 obd2 scanner and Easily can reset engine light and check dtc :) I tried original sensor from friend accord with same engine and everything was fine. no DTC, smooth engine work and more power. And when I put mine I get P1167, P1170 and some other codes(I don't remember exactly which ones). So I strongly believe that it is sensor in my case :)

It was the sensor in my case a proven by the instant success of a genuine replacement (and I had already had the codes confirmed), the tech who fitted at Vtec was a great guy who was happy to help and I cannot fault your service at Vtec-Direct.

F.Y.I the denso model supplied in particular (as above) to me was not compatible with my f20b6.

It was the sensor in my case a proven by the instant success of a genuine replacement (and I had already had the codes confirmed), the tech who fitted at Vtec was a great guy who was happy to help and I cannot fault your service at Vtec-Direct.

F.Y.I the denso model supplied in particular (as above) to me was not compatible with my f20b6.

Exactly the same with mine. after trying 3 different ones (including Denso amongst them) I finally had to pay the price and get a genuine one.

Exactly the same with mine. after trying 3 different ones (including Denso amongst them) I finally had to pay the price and get a genuine one.

MAybe you tried wrong ones... :)
I had 192400-1000 09t07(Denso) in my car and it worked properly till some time ago... So there is Denso sensors which fits, just some time ago Denso changed product codes so noone can find what they need.

I read a lot lately and collected some info about LAF sensors for f20b6....Here is the link to google file where I wrote some codes of oxygen sensors, which may be compatible...
feel free to try some if you have ability :)

Yep -same here-read all the info on the net about F20B6 and problems with non honda o2 sensors and opted for original(expensive)-CEL went out immediatly.

I got original sensor too... (andy from vtec direct cheated me and I didn't get mine so have bought original). Engine now working excellent. it was worth its money.

Skhell,
Do you have a part no. for the NGK lamba for your F18B2...would like to try 1 in mine before I go & spend a fortune on repairing my autobox.
Cheers Mutly.

Skhell,
Do you have a part no. for the NGK lamba for your F18B2...would like to try 1 in mine before I go & spend a fortune on repairing my autobox.
Cheers Mutly.

Front or rears?
Take a look in here:
http://www.ngkpartfinder.co.uk/car_commercial_search.php?type=LAMBDA%20SENSORS&manufact=HONDA&model=ACCORD%20VII&engine=1.8&pos=Front
http://www.ngkpartfinder.co.uk/car_commercial_search.php?type=LAMBDA%20SENSORS&manufact=HONDA&model=ACCORD%20VII&engine=1.8&pos=Rear

So, to your car(auto transmission):
Front - OZA421-H1
Rear - OZA333-H19 ( if it has one )

Now really p1553d off. After spending a fortune on a genuine part and after only 320 miles the light is on again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now really p1553d off. After spending a fortune on a genuine part and after only 320 miles the light is on again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seems that the secondary sensor does not enjoy working with the new primary one. It has gone into sulk mode so has had to be replaced. I am told this is quite a common occurrance!