What's new

Rear fog light(s)?

Raiser

Members
Reaction score
Car
SE Executive Hatch
Apologies in advance as this is not going to be an epic or even interesting thread on here, just a basic plea for some very low grade ***istance from you kind People!

- I have to get my Accord into NCT Centre (Irish equivalent of MOT) tomorrow @ 9am for a review following it failing first once over on due to having no rear fog light(s) - Missing bulb I presume.

My questions are....... Is there one or two rear fog lights on our Accord, and also where can I quickly find it (or them!) at 8am tomorrow in a blind panic before dropping kids to school etc. I did look there a few weeks ago but the Missus yanked me back indoors for something, I do remember it was a pain to try and work out where the hell the fog light was and how to get to it.

My man in the Motor factors has given me two new bulbs so should be all set for the morning.

Thanks and again sorry for littering the forum with rubbish like this :(

there must be only one fog light on the drivers side rear lamp.
you need this lamp: http://www.ringautomotive.co.uk/product_detail.asp?prod=83

this is catalog of all lamps which are fitted on 6gen accords http://www.ringautomotive.co.uk/bulb_result.asp?make_id=13&model_id=425.

You can easily take a look by yourself. is there fog lamp or not. it is at the bottom line closest to the boot lid.

Does the orange light flashes on the button of rear fog light button when you turn it on? Also low beams must be activated in order to tun it on. check the fuse if not

I believe you can find one in any fuel stop (at least in my country there is plenty of lamps in every fuel store)

Hey Linas, thanks for all your help - No, I don't think I get an orange light on the fog lamp button.

- But at least now I know I might need a fuse replacement also, so appreciate your advice very much.

Will get to this early tomorrow anyhow and get it sorted.

Thanks again ;)

there must be only one fog light on the drivers side rear lamp.
you need this lamp: http://www.ringautomotive.co.uk/product_detail.asp?prod=83

this is catalog of all lamps which are fitted on 6gen accords http://www.ringautomotive.co.uk/bulb_result.asp?make_id=13&model_id=425.

You can easily take a look by yourself. is there fog lamp or not. it is at the bottom line closest to the boot lid.

Does the orange light flashes on the button of rear fog light button when you turn it on? Also low beams must be activated in order to tun it on. check the fuse if not

I believe you can find one in any fuel stop (at least in my country there is plenty of lamps in every fuel store)

My Exec has only one rear fog light but my previous car, the rover 623, similar production, had two. I will have to see if there is a socket on the other side, which I expect there may well be for LHD

As far as I can remember from working on my clusters, the corresponding part of the left cluster is a reflector. I think that's fairly common on cars these days to keep them nice and symmetrical :)

I believe there is a socket. but there is no reflector on the other side. I had Rover623 too earlier. There were the same issue

As far as I can remember from working on my clusters, the corresponding part of the left cluster is a reflector. I think that's fairly common on cars these days to keep them nice and symmetrical :)
What he said :D

I believe there is a socket. but there is no reflector on the other side. I had Rover623 too earlier. There were the same issue
[/quot

e
There is a socket blanked off which pops out with a screwdriver and what appears to be the same lens inner as the other side.
will have to get a lamp and fitting and play

sorry to all for digging up this but i have been very stupid :(

read this and decided to add a rear fog light to the left hand side. got a holder out the scrapy and wired it the the other side(right fog light)

BAD IDEA

no one do this! it work fine just turning it on and off but if left on will damage the multifuction unit on the passangers side.

and will not turn off! had to pull the fuse. any time i fit the fuse back in it turns on the rear fog light. :angry:

so dont do it!!!!!

I plan to fix it then work out how to make it work. will prob need a relay fitted.

sorry to all for digging up this but i have been very stupid :(

read this and decided to add a rear fog light to the left hand side. got a holder out the scrapy and wired it the the other side(right fog light)

BAD IDEA

no one do this! it work fine just turning it on and off but if left on will damage the multifuction unit on the passangers side.

and will not turn off! had to pull the fuse. any time i fit the fuse back in it turns on the rear fog light. :angry:

so dont do it!!!!!

I plan to fix it then work out how to make it work. will prob need a relay fitted.

Done this before many times on all sorts of cars without a problem. What did you do to that makes it so wrong, what happens to damage the unit? did you go for parallel wiring or series and what did you use for earth?

Done this before many times on all sorts of cars without a problem. What did you do to that makes it so wrong, what happens to damage the unit? did you go for parallel wiring or series and what did you use for earth?

i have done this many times aswell :(

but the accord is diffrent. it uses the multifuction unit to supply current from a ic chip that can handle about 25watts just enugh for 1 bulb.

i connected the earth wire to the earth pin on the rear left cluster and connected in parallel with the right hand side.

very odd is that it stays on rather than burning out and braking the connection. i plan to open the unit up and see what i have broken :(