What's new

2.2 Clutch and Dual Mass Flywheel

lilcow418

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Type-S
Right as far as some of you know i sell car parts, and im just throwing this out there but I believe the 2.2 diesels suffer from clutch and fly problems, also are the Honda ones made by LUK? If so if you lot are willing to travel? I maybe able to sort you out a good deal just let me know what prices you can get them at and ill see what i can do for you. Im just trying to do my bit for the forum hope this helps :)

Thanks Ryan for this but i will say this might not be aloud.This is a kind of trading if you no what i mean.
I will see what the rest of the team thinks.

oh its not money in my pocket im not fussed about profit i was just thinking i could save you guys a couple of hundred pounds you see as we pretty much sell a genuine part for less and a years garantee

oh its not money in my pocket im not fussed about profit i was just thinking i could save you guys a couple of hundred pounds you see as we pretty much sell a genuine part for less and a years garantee
I like the ideal dont get me wrong as this will help members but as a mod i have to pick things up like this ;)
Lets see what Admin say hopefully they will be ok.

oh yeah i understand matey yeah have a word with them and if it goes well ill see if i can set you lot a set deal

Good man glad you understand lol

Ryan, happy to support this but we'll need a bit more info about who you are and what you can offer etc. It's really to protect our members as well as you. Can you drop me a PM with details please and we can formalise it.

hello mate did you get my message and i looked up prices today i can do it for a smidge over 600 inc vat for both honda want more than that for just the DMF

hello mate did you get my message and i looked up prices today i can do it for a smidge over 600 inc vat for both honda want more than that for just the DMF
On this site they sell the pair for £563.45 inc VAT and I think it may be cheaper elsewhere.

£455 for both from euro car parts using there almost always on 15% off code, could be even cheaper when you get the 25% and 30% codes.

Found a 25% off code CHAT100 brings both clutch kit and luc flywheel to an amazing £402

Are you sure thats an LUK as alot of ECP parts are there own brand mate i wouldnt trust them as far as i throw tbh mate and im not just saying that because there a rival

Are you sure thats an LUK as alot of ECP parts are there own brand mate i wouldnt trust them as far as i throw tbh mate and im not just saying that because there a rival
Having looked at ECP site, it states they are both oem LUK parts, which is interesting.

Well give it ago mate just be careful, im just trying to provide a good service to this forum!

I think as with anything, members just need to shop around.

I paid just over £312 for my DMF from S C Motor Factors in Ashford. I had a new clutch on the Honda Happiness for £580 but when the clutch was still slipping they replaced it again, but said that it was advisable to fit a new DMF at the same time. Honda wanted £800 for the DMF, a pattern part from them was £450 and I got it for £312 and took it down there. The fitted it and the new clutch and it's now perfect.

I paid just over £312 for my DMF from S C Motor Factors in Ashford. I had a new clutch on the Honda Happiness for £580 but when the clutch was still slipping they replaced it again, but said that it was advisable to fit a new DMF at the same time. Honda wanted £800 for the DMF, a pattern part from them was £450 and I got it for £312 and took it down there. The fitted it and the new clutch and it's now perfect.
Welcome along Ben, glad you got it all sorted in the end. Was the work carried out by JCB Honda?

So how do you tell if when you replace the clutch that the DMF needs replacing?

JCB Honda Ashford Rock, they were great when they did my timing chain under warranty...

Steve

As I understand it Ben & Steve a DMF can visually look ok, but it is when the DMF is manipulated if there is to much play then it has had it as the internal springs and bearings have been worn beyond their tolerances.
Here are a couple of video links which may help

Video 1

Video 2

Steve when you replace the clutch there is a tolerance set by Honda for the DMF

Thanks guys, was toying with a non-main dealer clutch change but having second thoughts now!

This is the whole point of me doing this thread for you guys i have someone that can fit it a few miles from where i work to