What's new

lots of fun next week

icewarrior

Members
Reaction score
Car
Audi A6 S Line TDI
With the MOT due at the end of April, i though i'd better get my backside in gear and sort out a couple of things to make sure she sails through.

My shopping list today consisted of new rear discs and pads, a set of HEL brake lines, a rear caliper refurb kit (hopefully all this should cure my binding rear brakes - nearly burned through a set of rear pads in 5000 miles), and new drop links for the anti roll bar - I thought seeing as i was replacing the fronts, i may as well replace the rears as well, also thought while i'm at it, i may as well replace the ARB bushes. So a fair wee bit of work for me to get on with, but this should stop the knock thats developed going over sleeping policemen

Hopefully the brake lines and the refurb kit should arrive during the week, and i can get her sorted next weekend :)

After that, its just a new front number plate needed due to delamination, new sidelight bulbs and thats her good for the MOT.

With the MOT due at the end of April, i though i'd better get my backside in gear and sort out a couple of things to make sure she sails through.

My shopping list today consisted of new rear discs and pads, a set of HEL brake lines, a rear caliper refurb kit (hopefully all this should cure my binding rear brakes - nearly burned through a set of rear pads in 5000 miles), and new drop links for the anti roll bar - I thought seeing as i was replacing the fronts, i may as well replace the rears as well, also thought while i'm at it, i may as well replace the ARB bushes. So a fair wee bit of work for me to get on with, but this should stop the knock thats developed going over sleeping policemen

Hopefully the brake lines and the refurb kit should arrive during the week, and i can get her sorted next weekend :)

After that, its just a new front number plate needed due to delamination, new sidelight bulbs and thats her good for the MOT.

Good luck with all of that Sam. I think you will be more busy writting up those DIY's for all to read after!! ;)

i may as well replace the ARB bushes. So a fair wee bit of work for me to get on with, but this should stop the knock thats developed going over sleeping policemen

Don't forget to use the right grease on those rear ARBs - I'd squeak from them that drove me nuts. I ended up having to re-strip, re-grease and reload. Pain in the a$$

:)

Jay - the drop links already have a diy, but i'll check and see which of the others dont and try to get some pictures.

Jason - thanks for the tip, i'd rather get this done right first time and not have any squeaking to drive me insane :)