What's new

Condensation in headlight

Mcgartland

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda
Recently got a Type s, and noticed today theres condensation in one of the headlights? is there any quick cures? anyone on here have similar problem?

Have a look here mate http://www.google.com/cse?cx=002134545166272172295:r6apjvdonka&q=headlight%20condensation&oq=headlight%20condensation&aq=f&aql=1&gs_sm=12&gs_upl=16127l34415l0l39098l24l24l0l0l0l0l102l2093l21.3l24l0&gs_l=partner.12...16127l34415l0l39098l24l24l0l0l0l0l102l2093l21j3l24l0.gsnos%2Cn%3D13.1.#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=headlight%20condensation&gsc.page=1

Welcome along. :)

Its quite common honda did a recall check if your's been done if not look into it they put some clips on and and a bag of silica I think inside to absorbe moisture

Agree with Paul - check if the clips were put on as part of the recall. If not, they'll probably still do them for you.

Hey lads I have a 06 type s myself whisk had condensation in both headlights..but unfortunate was not warranty here in Ireland.my offside headlight wAs bad but my nearside wasn't to bad so I decided to try a 50g silica gel bag in each lamp thIs cleared up the nearside lamp completely and improved the off side slightly......anyway I was happy with the result then one day I noticed the offside lamp was completely cleared(the bad one)and when I looked into why all of a sudden did it cure itself I found that the cover on the back of the lamp had fallen off... I then took the cover off the other side and three and a half months later both headlight are completely clear.....I know that was a bit long winded but it's def worth a shot!!!

Can confirm Honda are still honouring this one as they did mine about 3 weeks ago. Hasn't dried out yet so I'll try the back off method - nice idea.

Can confirm Honda are still honouring this one as they did mine about 3 weeks ago. Hasn't dried out yet so I'll try the back off method - nice idea.
Good feedback pete what year is your car

Hey lads I have a 06 type s myself whisk had condensation in both headlights..but unfortunate was not warranty here in Ireland.my offside headlight wAs bad but my nearside wasn't to bad so I decided to try a 50g silica gel bag in each lamp thIs cleared up the nearside lamp completely and improved the off side slightly......anyway I was happy with the result then one day I noticed the offside lamp was completely cleared(the bad one)and when I looked into why all of a sudden did it cure itself I found that the cover on the back of the lamp had fallen off... I then took the cover off the other side and three and a half months later both headlight are completely clear.....I know that was a bit long winded but it's def worth a shot!!!

This worked for me as well

I changed my silica bags and mine have been fine ever since. Be sure to secure them and away from any headlamp mechanism and heat.

I found my old silica bags had gone hard and inefficient.
I wouldn't recommend taking the covers off especially when its winter as the condensation in cold weather could short the bulbs and circuit. In the summer weather it may be fine but in the winter I wouldn't risk it. There is also a risk of water getting in when it rains or when the car is washed.

I changed my silica bags and mine have been fine ever since. Be sure to secure them and away from any headlamp mechanism and heat.

I found my old silica bags had gone hard and inefficient.
I wouldn't recommend taking the covers off especially when its winter as the condensation in cold weather could short the bulbs and circuit. In the summer weather it may be fine but in the winter I wouldn't risk it. There is also a risk of water getting in when it rains or when the car is washed.
Was this the bags i sold you shabz :) :)

if i get silica sachet, do i just put in inside the actual headlight?

Yes. Take off the cap and stick it inside by the low beam. Use some double sided tape and stick it to the plastic of the headlight ***embly well away from the actual bulb and the surrounding metal. To close and it will burn a hole in the silica bag.

This will give you an idea of where to position them.

180395_1887029975027_1219764096_2362214_4829348_n.jpg

Not to close to the bulb though or you will end up with this and you're headlight will look like it has a coke problem when you burn a hole in the bag.

180502_1887029215008_1219764096_2362213_8170776_n.jpg

untitled1.jpg