What's new

Oil change advice for my 1.8 vtec-s

TIPEX9

TA Friends
Reaction score
Car
vtec-s
Hi everyone, ive had my 51 plate 1.8 vtec-s for about a month now and loving it. Its done 69'000 miles, fsh but i want to change the oil and filter for piece of mind and i dont want to put any old ***** in it as i feel this one of the better cars ive owned. So any advice on what oil + oil filter to use and maybe the best place to get it would be muchos appreciated ;)

I am driving the same car and on the recommendations of someone here, I believe it was Pedro I got the Motul 8100 X-cess 5W-40 from www.opieoils.co.uk. It is £33.84 at the moment, for 5 liters but I got 10. Glad i did as the car is burning just under half a liter every 2 months or so. At least it was in the winter, I serviced my car in August. I think it is a really good oil and the engine feels a lot freer with it. The last service the previous owner put Semi-synth 10W40 in the car and it always felt the engine was working a lot more than it should. As for the filter a genuine Honda one. Cant really go wrong

Hope this helps
Andy

Just found out that we also get a 10% discount there. See this thread for details. Wish I knew that in August :rolleyes: http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/forum/47-opie-oils/

Hi everyone, ive had my 51 plate 1.8 vtec-s for about a month now and loving it. Its done 69'000 miles, fsh but i want to change the oil and filter for piece of mind and i dont want to put any old ***** in it as i feel this one of the better cars ive owned. So any advice on what oil + oil filter to use and maybe the best place to get it would be muchos appreciated ;)
Hi, what ever you do, dont flush the old oil out with an engine flush as it left mine sounding like a diesel :(

As Andy said Motul 8100 X-cess 5W-40 from www.opieoils.co.uk ;)

Hey Pedro. On this issue do you find your car burns about the same amount of oil as mine or do you think mine is excessive?

I guess that really depends on how much miles you put in 2 months and also your the driving style.

I usually put about between 1/2 and 1 litre of oil between changes, usually between 12/13K Km, so I guess yours burn a bit more than mine.

5-50W fully synthetic for me.

Also, has your car had the cam-belt done? It should be done at 70,000 or ten years. If it hasn't, get it done aswap mate. B)

Also, has your car had the cam-belt done? It should be done at 70,000 or ten years. If it hasn't, get it done aswap mate. B)

Well Check out Mr. Fancy Pants with his fancy oil for his Fancy engine. :D :D :D :D :D you Type-R types

Thanks for all the advice guys, Cambelt was done a few thousand miles ago so no worries there ;)

Thanks for all the advice guys, Cambelt was done a few thousand miles ago so no worries there ;)

I got Mobil super 3000 5w 40 from opie and also a hamp oil filter there too.

Definate difference.

Also just done air, fuel, pollen filter and plugs all got from Euro carparts.

Blew out the old fuel filter into a rag and got a circle of carbon showing so its been doing its job. - just infront of rear nearside wheel under a cover. wd40 the bolts well in advance