What's new

WIndows tinting

nebitomi

Members
Reaction score
Car
HONDA ACCORD 2007
Hello
Summer is coming soon, so i would like to get tinting on my windows!
Anybody does know , who can do car windows tinting for cheper???
any solution or idea or recommendations ???

If you're in London, get in touch with member Mr CL7 (Faz) - I'm sure he started his own window tinting business a while ago

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/user/51-mr-cl7/

Yeah £100 + £150 fuel bill from London/Glasgow return :lol:

Knowing how much a roll of decent film costs there is no way it will be good quality for that price.
I havent used them yet is that very cheap then! Majority of other local companies are 170 in
Uding fitting dust brushes into door sills to keep it clean or sumfin

I'd rather pay more than £100 and know it was done with good quality film and they spent some time on it. Say you got 2 guys doing tints and you know you're getting paid £100, minus cost of equipment etc. how long would you really want to spend on it!!

I'd rather pay more than £100 and know it was done with good quality film and they spent some time on it. Say you got 2 guys doing tints and you know you're getting paid £100, minus cost of equipment etc. how long would you really want to spend on it!!
Cheap than 100 phound!
What abaut own installation my self, this is difficult?i can see on ebay honda accord tinting with kit!!

Cheap than 100 phound!
What abaut own installation my self, this is difficult?i can see on ebay honda accord tinting with kit!!
Ebay film is s**** and you will have spent 800 pound on film by the time you get it right.. It's not easy to shrink.
Trust me I have had a go.

Decent film would cost about 60 quid ish. To do an accord. I factor in a few hours to do the job properly.
Do not buy film from Ebay it will be horrible quality.. Even the so called cut to shape film you still need to shrink with a heat gun. And that is the hard bit.

Ebay film is s**** and you will have spent 800 pound on film by the time you get it right.. It's not easy to shrink.
Trust me I have had a go.

Decent film would cost about 60 quid ish. To do an accord. I factor in a few hours to do the job properly.
Do not buy film from Ebay it will be horrible quality.. Even the so called cut to shape film you still need to shrink with a heat gun. And that is the hard bit.
OK !!
Thank you ADVICE!

I also tried on my Accord before paying to have it done professionally and have to agree 100% with Neil. I actually think £150 is a great price for tints all round. Once you see how much skill is involved, you'll be glad to hand over the cash.

I paid around £130 just for the rear tints. But he did a fantastic job. Took the rear door windows out to do and ovened it. So u can open the rear windows straight away unlike places that just put the tint on when the window is still on car.

You certainly get what you pay for with tints.

We have recently started doing this at work. We use suntek quality film and cost around £170-£200 for rear windows. Trust me you get wot u pay for. Some of that cheap film off ebay turns purple after time thus not lookin too good! :eek:

Hello
Summer is coming soon, so i would like to get tinting on my windows!
Anybody does know , who can do car windows tinting for cheper???
any solution or idea or recommendations ???

Hi

Im based in east london, stratford.

i normally charge £140, but as a forum member discount i can do it for £100. i use suntek film not no cheap quality! life time guarantee!

pm me if you would like to come down!

thanks

Hi

i normally charge £140, but as a forum member discount i can do it for £100. i use suntek film not no cheap quality! life time guarantee!

thanks

do you do this job inside?

also for the accord, do you use 1 peice on the rear window which also goes over the brake light?

if you do i am VERY interested.

Hi

thanks

Nice one!! Am only down the road at forest gate, so once I convince myself will be in contact.

Yes guys it's one piece for the rear window! Do people actually still use 2 pieces??? We also do vehicle wraps, hid lights and in car entertainment.

My garage is actually in forest gate. Pop down on Friday, I'll be doing my accord! I'll upload some pics for u guys too!

Thanks

I've been looking into this too prices range from £160 to £200 & warranty ranges from 3 years to lifetime takes about 3 to 4 hours remember pay cheap pay twice !

i come out of work the other day and see someone had put a leaflet in my door handle for window tinting moral of the story is ive already got my windows done!!!!

Could anyone post a pic of their tints particularly on a Tourer, looking to have mine done.

Si

Hi guys,

Just a few pics of my car with the tints, enjoy! Also, if your in london and need tints, PM me! ;-)

IMG_2118.png
[/img]

IMG_2107.jpg

IMG_2106.jpg
[/img]

IMG_2105.jpg

IMG_2122.jpg

IMG_2120.jpg

IMG_2124.jpg

IMG_2183.jpg

Very nice looking motor mate.

I was not really interested in getting tints on mine, until I saw your car.

On the never ending list it goes!

Nice ride buddy, those rims are just awesome.
wink.gif
Am loving the carbon wrapped roof too. How much cost and time to do one without a sun roof??

Nice ride buddy, those rims are just awesome.
wink.gif
Am loving the carbon wrapped roof too. How much cost and time to do one without a sun roof??

Thanks guys,

Roof wrap price varies (different quality of material) the best one to use would cost £180 fitted. others are too cheap with poor quality, and the rest too expensive for a similar finish.

Car is looking mighty fine Harris - it's come along leaps and bounds since I last saw it. I'll have to pop down and view in the flesh next time I'm there ;)

nice one harris bro,since your so close by should do a mini meet with a few others,i recognize the place you got the tints done,got my vti-s tinted there a few years ago...

It's be nice mini meet,but please guys not this month;)