What's new

Fault with Honda Accord I-CTDI. Year 2004. Code P2004. 178-09 "IMRC incorrect Position"

jax

Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
Can any one please help me. Im am getting a Fault with my Honda Accord I-CTDI. Year 2004.

The fault Code is P2004. 178-09 "IMRC incorrect Position"

Can anyone tell me exactly what is causing the fault and what parts need to be fixed or replace and how.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks to everyone for reading this

frequency solenoid valve

The part cost £106.44 + VAT and the labour cost is £24.60 + VAT from Honda.

Its a known issue and the valve is replaced with an updated part. There is a TSB for it.

As Neal said John and welcome to TA please introduce your self in the newbies section.

Have a good read through this entire thread:

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/1127-slight-missing-or-hesitation-excessive-smoking-etc/

Thank you all so much for your help.

Would you guys know the part No. I would need to order from Honda that needs replacing?

Thanks again

Had the same problem twice. The second time, I just went for a remap that solves the problem. You can even keep the original map in the car, but the EGR will be closed for good and the problem is gone. Oh, and you will be avoiding all the gunk released by the EGR to build up in the intake port.

Thanks to everyone for their help , I really do appreciate it. I took it to a Honda Dealership and they did some tests, or so they said anyway. They ended up changing a sensor and clearing out carbon from the intake manifold, they said the intake was nearly blocked with the amount of carbon in it! I havent been driving the car much lately so the engine management light hasnt appeared but they if the engine management light appears again I will let you know.

Thanks again for everyone who helped

Clean the intake, make sure flap is nice and free and then blank and remap. I do them all the time, Completely transforms the car.

It did the trick for mine, Rash did a great job cleaning it all and the remap transformed the car. Many thanks Fahad!