What's new

17" 8.25J ET35 on Accord Tourer with 225/45/17

crown_bg

Members
Reaction score
Car
CM2
First greetings to everyone!
Second I did not find any topic that touches my questions.

Hi guys, I have found some good wheels, which design I really like, but the minimum width is 8.25J with Offset of 35. Will it come a lot outside the fenders? Will 225 cover the wheel enough so it won't be vulnerable to scrubbing in pavement for example? Unfortunately I cannot get my hands on these and check on site.
So my questions is if anyone has experience, or pictures how would it look, I will be grateful. Also I would accept any advice of what is the best proportion.
Just a remark, I already bought tyres in the mentioned size, and they are fitted on 7J ET55, basically that is a stock 17" wheel for this generation.
I wlll also be interested in how would it look in 17" 7J ET40 or 17" 8J ET35..

Thank you everyone for spending your time answering my queries!

Here are my new wheels;

9.5J Et40 with 235/40/18 tyre on it.

This will give you a comparison. I thought the 235 tyre would be a bit much of a stretch but turns out it was ok.

Various pictures on Google give poor results for tyre fitment on desired alloy sizes.

My rear wheels test fitted on the back.....

I defo need arches rolled so unsure if your 8.25j and 225 tyre will need the same treatment.

Only way to find out is try one wheel at a time on and see :)

8.5 +40 225/45.

Fronts just need the arch lining trimming and tab for the wing bending up

Same wheel 245/40. Driveable but does rub

Doesn't look stretched at all!

So basically minimum work required to fit them ;)

Your wheel would have the exact same poke as mine does up front, but the tyre tread would sit about 3mm further out due to the narrower rim.

Despite my lower profile tyres, you should also have the same rolling circumference.

Expect a small rub as the car bottoms out, but otherwise you should be fine.

Thanks.
Offset of +35 would poke only 5mm more than +40, right, or wrong?
Comparison of these two:
7Jx40 to 7.5Jx35
We have 0.5" more than 7J but 5mm less offest.
Opinions?

I am not really sure I fully understand the technical part of the offset. I know it is the distance between the point where the wheel hits the surfce with the bolts and the outer edge of the wheel.

it'd be, an extra 5mm offset, plus 6mm (half of the extra half an inch) so 11mm more poke.

Offset is the distance from the mounting face to the wheel centreline.