2.2 i-cdti which 0w30 oil

Economic

Members
Reaction score
Car
54 plate 2.2 CTDI ex
Hi guys.

2004 diesel saloon

There's a code for 50% off oils from euro car parts. The code is VS50.

I know I need 5.9 litres but can I use any of these 0w30 oils?

Thanks in advance.

https://www.eurocarparts.com/search/0w30

I don't know why I thought putting my reg would remove the 0w30 setting but anyway, I put my reg and it narrowed it down so I opted for the Petronas 7000 dm.

Thanks.

Forget euro car parts or any 5l quantity you’re paying way over the odds. Buy the 20L drum from eBay or lubetech shop works out to be much better value. Brand not important.

F6HAD said:
Forget euro car parts or any 5l quantity you’re paying way over the odds. Buy the 20L drum from eBay or lubetech shop works out to be much better value. Brand not important.
I really want to, trust me. I have no space, no garage, and live in a 2nd floor flat.

I want to change the oil myself. I read that some cars are high enough not to need axle stands. Do you think this car is high enough not to need axle stands?

Thanks for your reply!!

The 20l drums are really compact but I understand if space is an issue. No you will need to jack it up.

Economic said:
Thank you.

Wow great price! noted for future.

Would be slightly cautious with this as it has been known for companies to place performance claims on the bottles that the oils do not actually meet! There is a company that goes round and takes oils from the shelf and tests them to make sure they meet the claims.

You get what you pay for when it comes to oils so I would always be cautious of anything that looks look too cheap to be true !!

If it helps, I am selling a complete service kit with oil for the diesel accord. Have a look in the for sale section if you are local to Birmingham.

Sphinx said:
If it helps, I am selling a complete service kit with oil for the diesel accord. Have a look in the for sale section if you are local to Birmingham.
Thanks. I'm not local to Birmingham and I've already purchased but thanks so much for the post. I've taken a look at your stuff. Would have liked the shades but no idea they were so pricey. Good luck with sale, I wish you all the best :)