What's new

A

Attaboy

Just wondered if Honda have sold any 8th Gen 2.4s because I've never seen any advertised on Autotrader or Honda's own site.

Just wondered if Honda have sold any 8th Gen 2.4s because I've never seen any advertised on Autotrader or Honda's own site.
Iv not seen one myself either Cliff perhaps its to do with the dreaded emissions again.

Just fond it there only making the 2.4 in the EX model by the looks of it.Have a look on Honda UK site all the info is there.I would post the link but im not sure if that comes under the rules.

An eye watering £550 p.a. for cars bought now.

Yet another tax on pleasure.

2.4 Accord is hardly 'pleasure' :lol:

Steady on there, the 2.4 is rather nice old boy.....

In honesty I have been looking at changing for something else, but when you weigh up what its really going to cost to swap out to something that may save you a couple of £100, its not really worth it.

Go for what you want rather than worrying about a few quid here and there. After all, if its down to £200p.a., the running costs are going to be too high IMO.

Steve, I agree.

While you're on.....could I please trouble you for your thoughts on this? http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/2060-heat/

I was just pushing Cliff's buttons :lol:

Agreed though, stealth tax is going to kill of any driving pleasure for those average earners (like me) amongst us.

Haha...I think the depression brought about by the £1.27 a litre cost of petrol, with more rises on the way, must be making me immune :lol:

Still it could be worse...I could drive a d*****!

You could drive a D*** but I hope you wear some protection first :lol:

If they could crack the reliability issue I would seriously consider it...dunno if the i-DTEC has achieved that or not though.

DPF sounds a bit like going to the gents in your own underwear.

Yup Honda's implementation of DPF is very good indeed. But it does depend on what sort of mileage you are doing Cliff - if you're only doing short runs I would still avoid it.

Have you actually been to test drive an 8th gen variant yet?

Yes of course, but still a good idea to go and drive one... buying a car is quite an emotive thing and you've got to 'connect' with the thing first.

Yes that's true, and you never know...such as when I sat in a CR-V and realised I could never own one because the handbrake lever is exactly where I put my left knee.

hello bud you finally found us .. I suppose you were the special chosen one.

Not the easiest of forums to keep up with :) need to replace the front rubber on the 18's so thought I'd pop in to get an idea on what I should be paying for 225/45/18

p.s. the tyre pressures of 38 psi quoted on old forum is pants, both mine are worn in middle after 18k miles :(

car still faultless after 18 months, averaging 37.5 mpg daily commute on M8 [should see 40 mpg again in warmer weather]

don't recall my road tax being too much last Sep btw

you have a Black 8th gen saloon don't ya ? 38 is way to high for 45 profile tyre bud you should have stuck to stock PSI on the B pillar. The 38 PSI was for the 7th gen guys tourers running 225/40/18 ..which after numerous trail and error finally settled at 35 Fronts 34 Rear as the perfect set up.

I can recall at the time only one Honda dealership was willing to suggest the correct tyre presures for the 8th gen special alloy and wheel offer which I along with others opted for, and when one forum member tried it, he reported improved steering feedback. So in an attempt to maximise my fuel economy and at the time there being no detractors from the 38 psi, I went with it and to be honest handling and ride have both been fine. But I checked the tyres 2 days ago and was a little annoyed at myself for not checking sooner as I may have noted the wear pattern and dropped it back down again

being quoted £175 each for Yokos :(, and £150 for Dunlops

seeing as it's so rare, heres a pic when it was clean

CIMG1399.jpg
CIMG1398.jpg

:p

Very very nice looking car indeed! :)

Quote are 2nd most likely :lol:

yh the reason there stopping the K series as of next year is because of emissions hence the £550 PA tax on the 8th gen accord and ull notice that honda will be using forced induction smaller engines like in the CRZ etc

I just paid 260 for 12 month
the 1st year was 560 pounds

yh as of 2012 or 2013 there stopping it but u can still get parts for it no problem but think the engine has been out for 10 yeas now thats a long time but the engine has been in design for nearly 15 years so its a very old engine in fact

There was a member in Scotland who had a 2.4 in black he hasn't been seen for yonks.Yes the current VED for 2.4 is shocking and by the time I will get my hands on it the government will hike it up to 1000 quid a year.

Then i will be looking at hug a tree IMA's, over my dead body will I ever own a diesel.

Hi Guys - Just been so busy with my business everything else went to one side! The Black tourer is currently off the road and on a transporter somewhere in Aberdeen, had a blowout yesterday and shreaded the tyre -its the 2nd time this has happened this year and to be honest I'm getting a little fed up with the situation as you only have the tyre foam repair kit which is useless. Does anybody know if a spacesaver is available? Good to be back on I guess what happenend yesterday has pushed me - the car still looks and goes great, its just this tyre issue that is giving me second thoughts!
JF

That's is surprising I saw another 8th gen saloon on the M1 hard shoulder with the rear left blown... yes you can get spacesaver wheels for the 8th gen .

what make of tyre was on your car BTW?

The make was a Bridgestone Potenza - Will honda supply one if I pay for it and as I have 18" sigma alloys does it need to be a special type of spacesaver? Thanks for your help.