What's new

2003 littlebro remap ukcl9

vtistu

Members
Reaction score
Car
CL9
So I had my 2003 cl9 remapped today. Many thought it wasn't possible, but believe me it is!
I'll keep the review short
DO IT

after b16, k20 and f20 the k24 was, well disappointing. Lazy, slow and pointless vtec.
My biggest grip was the vtec 'lag', followed by hitting the limiter, changing and being out back out of the power, like changing two gears at once.

This, thankfully, has gone.
Much revier, pulls harder midrange, doesn't lose power, bang change gear and pulls more. Perfect.
Much like my Honda's of past.
At first I didn't think there was much of a difference, when I hit the a and B roads on the way back I couldn't stop smiling. So much so I missed my turning, by several miles!!!!!

For £300, 2 bolts and 1 hour I challenge you to find a mod which has more impact and value for money.

Thanks to ukcl9 and well done to littlebro for this product.

Great to hear!

Good to know! For the mod, did the car have to be present, or could the ECU be shipped and returned?

Speak to Littlebo or UKCL9, I believe they can offer various maps for different ranges of Honda Engines.

jayok said:
Good to know! For the mod, did the car have to be present, or could the ECU be shipped and returned?
I'm localish to ukcl9 so I took my car to him. Turns out there's some awesome driving roads I never knew about!
Speak to ukcl9. I think you can post to him and have it back next day ( post Monday, remapped Tuesday and returned, arrives Wednesday)

mnaylor said:
Is the CL9 the 2.4 Type S, 190bhp standard? Or are you talking about the Euro R?
K24 is the uk type s cl9. the accord type r cl7 uses a k20 similar to the dc5 with 220bhp

How?
I'm merely reporting my experience and anyone with a k24 should be able to relate to this.

Not necessarily Jon. It's an NA map so the power/torque is never going to go up massively. What's key to the K24 is evening out power/torque across the range and not having the gaps in power that become very apparent after owning one for a while. If this is fixed, it will be instantly noticeable on a road test. Unless of course you're playing the numbers game and want to play BHP/Torque willy waving competitions with other car enthusiasts down the pub ;) .

I've seen videos somewhere online between stock K24s and K24s running Littlebo's map. Just demonstrating acceleration in overtaking type scenarios, rolling start, 3-2-1-go type road running on the motorway. The mapped car pulled away very nicely over the stock motor. Not wholly scientific, but a nice example of a real road condition.

i will ask littlebo to post some dyno graphs but.but some can be found here.post 20 on.look at the red bhp bottom line vs the green top line.look at 5600-6100.massive improvement.

jon_G might only be interested in bhp number.but that is only half the reflash.the other half is no more dbw lag.and massive improvment in drivability.no more waiting forever for vtec.and it only lasting 2 seconds.its not just about bhp numbers,but dyno graphs are nice to have,of your own car.i will dyno mine at some point

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/ecu-tuning/83138-hey-european-guys-reflash-cl9-cu2-developed-tested-2.html

Isn't reporting how great it is the same day you had it - and telling others to 'DO IT' - a little pre-emptive? Your not the first, I've seen it many times from diesel owners. It will be interesting to see what you think after a couple of months though.

More cautious K24 owners should relate better to the suggestion of this remap if something more objective (such as a dyno graph) was to become available, and I'm surprised anyone would get a remap without seeing this evidence first.

It definitely isn't about willy-waving... quite the opposite, I've seen some really shoddy remap results where clearly the main objective was to maximise peak power at the expense of a smooth power delivery, which would effectively ruin a road car. Not saying this is the case here, but if someone wants to use the forum to sell remaps then why aren't they sticking up graphs?

Why?

Check the post, do the research like I did, speak to people that have had it done, watch the videos, talk to littlebro.

Dyno graphs are available

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/ecu-tuning/83138-hey-european-guys-reflash-cl9-cu2-developed-tested-2.html

Everybody knows you can't flash a 2003 k24, until now, as I'm only the second in the country, ukcl9 was the first. But ask littlebro how many others he's done.

Did you read my post properly. I say DO IT, as now my k24 lives up to the reputation of all the other Hondas I have owned.

ukcl9 said:
littlebo has done over 200 cl9 reflashes world wide.ive done nearly 1000 miles on mine and would not want to go back to stock.its hard to explain the postives of this reflash to some one who does'nt own a cl9....
Why... are you suggesting we're too stupid?

Proper evidence and proper, unbiased testimonials are things that anyone can accept, surely?

ukcl9 said:
im suggesting that if you don't own or have driven a cl9.would wont know where the k24 falls short.so the postives of this reflash wont mean much to you..again its not all about bhp numbers.
And you can't be bothered to explain what shortfalls your remap addresses? That's odd.

I never said it was 'all about BHP numbers'. It isn't... it's about lots of different parameters that won't become obvious until after weeks of driving. it is great that vtistu is happy with his remap (and it does prove that you're not incompetant in re-programming the ECU) but a review after just a few hours of use should not be used to convince others that this remap is any good.

Just for interest, what is your company called?

e31.jpg

I'm with Jon on this.I no there has been quite a lot of these remaps done but a proper reveiw on this will take at least 6 months IMO.
TBH Iv seen a lot of maps done on diesels like Fahads when he 1st had his tuned by Dave.
This was perfected after tweaking the map over time to get the best out of the map.Now after all the reviews and perfected this is probably the one of the best diesel maps money can buy.
I'm not slating the map for the CL9 but it's still early days in the making and a good way forward for the product .

vtistu said:
This is my first hand review.
I'm very happy
I will update if anything should change
Please do a full review Stuart over say the next 6 months.Things like MPG and performance also any problems arising that might be to do with the map.
This will make very interesting reading and help make other members make a decision on this map.
Also Stuart it will be great if you could get the car on a dyno to see what the performance is achieving.

Maybe what's needed is a TA 'reviews' sub-forum, where members who've bought something, or had a service, or a remap can comment upon how the service was delivered and their initial experience (as vtistu has done here) but then update at regular intervals so other members who are interested can see how it's going after a bit of time has passed and the original 'guinea pig' has noticed any little foibles that may exist with that product/service/remap.

Jon_G said:
Maybe what's needed is a TA 'reviews' sub-forum, where members who've bought something, or had a service, or a remap can comment upon how the service was delivered and their initial experience (as vtistu has done here) but then update at regular intervals so other members who are interested can see how it's going after a bit of time has passed and the original 'guinea pig' has noticed any little foibles that may exist with that product/service/remap.
Good ideal Jon I will look into this and get a sub forum in place for such things.