What's new

2006-2008 2.2CTDI Battery Spec & Dimenesions Req pls

DJ Wozza

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 i-CDTi
Am looking to buy a 2006-2008 Accord 2.2CTDI, and wondered what size is the standard Battery
and what CCA/Ah rating it has etc

Anyone upgraded to a different brand/size?

I had problems with my car starting when very cold (glow plugs pulling current), turns out that it had a battery with a maximum output of 650 CCA (Cold Crank Amperage). The minimum for the 2.2 i-Ctdi is 680A. You can see this in the image that AndyHK has provided.

Not sure about the output of the alternator, although a battery with a higher CCA will not damage or stress the alternator.

Another general note about current (amps), you don't need to worry about the higher current damaging the car as current is pulled, not pushed. Therefore the car will only take what it needs.

Hope this helps.

The correct battery (as originally fitted and still supplied by Honda) is rated at 77Ah / 780CCA.

No idea about the alternator output.

Maybe someone can tell me dimensions of the battery which would fit Accord 2005 2.2 diesel (sedan)?

I am thinking about these two options but not sure if they will fit. According to my measuring skills they should but I want to be sure :)

S5008 Bosch 77 AH 780 CC
S5007 Bosch 74 AH 750 CC

Thanks!

I have a Transit Connect battery in the space

Ford (Silver Calcium) - 80Ah and 700A crank

It doesn't look like it will fit, but if you put it in the plastic surround first , before installing into the cage it will go, just.

Aurimasas said:
Maybe someone can tell me dimensions of the battery which would fit Accord 2005 2.2 diesel (sedan)?

I am thinking about these two options but not sure if they will fit. According to my measuring skills they should but I want to be sure :)

S5008 Bosch 77 AH 780 CC
S5007 Bosch 74 AH 750 CC

Thanks!
S5007, I've fitted that size in mine.

I think although I'm not absolutely sure that S5008 would be too tall, mind you this site says otherwise...

http://whatbattery.co.uk/honda-accord-7-estate-cm-2003-2008-batteries/

The most common code is 096 for this model accord.
You can search through all the different fitments for the 096 and see which one has a better rep, that said the Varta and Bosch batteries are pretty good.

Aurimasas said:
Thank you, Tony! And for how long do you have S5007 battery? Is it good?

I am also thinking that S5008 will be too tall. According to the book S5007 should be enough for accord diesel
About six years but then UK winters are alot milder than yours, I also use a CTEC charger that'll recondtion the battery and has kept it going so I'd say it's worth the investment. As above you can't really go wrong with a decent name brand.