What's new

2007 Accord fails to start

muppet9966

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
Had to jump start the Accord today as it hasn't been used in weeks.
So took it out for a drive and noticed twice the revs had dropped completely to zero momentarily (car still running), and the central dash display (where the millage is) went blank.
Satnav screen also looked like it had been reset (turned itself on like i just started the car).

I'm thinking it might be alternator (however I fitted a new ECP one in Jan).

Measured the battery voltage with the car running:

- headlights and AC off, 14.0v, when revving increased to 14.2v
- headlights and AC on, 13.7v, initially dips to 12.5v when lights and AC turned on.

However two newly charged batteries later, Accord still refuses to start.
Measures just over 12v on battery, fails to start then measures 10v, creeping up to 12 again.

Any ideas what else it could be, it does start happily when jump starting with another car though.

I'm loosing the will with this car.

The resting voltage of the battery should ideally be no lower than 12.6V. Bear in mind that when a battery goes down to 12.2V it's actually only 50% charged, and below 12V it's classed as discharged.

This may be of no help at all, but my 2005 facelift EX kept having a flat battery about half a dozen times! The solution came from very helpful advice on the forum; Long story short, the non working Bluetooth module in the dash was causing a current drain overnight, so I opened up the dash component where the clock lives and unplugged it. Not a problem since.

same here, as what Adam just said, unplugged Bluetooth module and no more jump starts