What's new

2008 CN1 i-CTDi Accord boost issue

Deebo

Reaction score
Car
Accord CN1
Hi all, this is my first post, im now the proud owner of a 2008 CN1 Accord, i bought the car around 2 weeks ago , having issues with the car losing power/boost as soon as it hits 2500-3000rpm , if the car is cold it sometimes revs all the way to 4500+ with boost, but 99% of the time it boosts to 2500 and hits a wall,i have changed the fuel filter today to a genuine honda one, tried swapping evr solenoids (egr control and boost actuator solenoids) dont think i have a boost leak as before said, it sometumes boost fine all the way thrpugh the rev range. Also if i push the car at 140km/h+ it will go into limp mode and throw code p1237..
Boost pressure low

Any insight would be great

Thanks

It’s worth temporarily blanking your egr valve to see if it helps, then you’ll know if an egr off will solve it. If you’re getting an underboost then either you’ve got a damaged turbo, or slightly stuck open egr which is relieving boost pressure. You might also have a boost pipe incorrectly attached or leaking intercooler although these typically cause overboost.

F6HAD Thanks for the reply, i will try this today to see if theres any change, and will update

Blocked the egr this evening on both sides, still doing exact same thing, so whats next boost pipes are all standard and untouched, as are vacuum lines, cant find any that appear to be perished or split, could vanes in the turbo be stuck?

Yes mate, knackered turbo.