What's new

2012 face lift

james2512

Members
Reaction score
Car
C220 AMG Sport Plus
Hi all,

Not sure if any of you have managed to get a up close look at the new 2012 face lift 8th gen accord???

I got invited by Honda of Slough with an option to get in to a new face lift model....... I can say that after less than 5 minutes looking at the car with a mate from work we were both trying to see what it is Honda have actually changed other than the over inflated £30k price tag.

I have an EX so i wouldnt settle for anything of a lower spec so the salesman showed me the new car......... well other than the small piece of chrome trim under the boot lid, colour coded door jams, clear front indicators and a slightly modified front grill its very hard to see what honda have done.

What made me laugh was when asked to sit in the car and enjoy the level of comfort and features........ funny that matey its the same as mine outside!

As a joke on the way out i parked next to another 2012 EX accord and compared the 2 cars, even my mate said was it not for the upgraded wheels on the stock unit you would never spot the difference at a glance.

Really annoyed with even going down the dealer now to look at something i already have........ pppffff.

On a positive note my car has 25k on the clock and now 23 months old and still worth £15,800

Before i buy another accord i need to weigh up my options......

Anyone else had a similar experience?

Were not there some (now lost to the forum) under-the-skin changes made?

The biggest changes and certainly benefits to company car buyers and fleets is the reduction in CO2 emissions to both petrol and diesel engines and therefore lower tax to pay.

The engines have been re-engineered to be "quote: more refined, cleaner and quieter"

The suspension has been tweaked for UK roads.

Quote: "Cabin noise has been reduced by applying a floating sub-frame structure with insulated carpets - all to ensure your complete comfort" :huh:

Oh! I nearly forgot, Interior changes include new dark silver panels and a bright silver finish for the door handles and handbrake. New seat materials and door linings are offered on ES models and the ES, as well as the EX, also gets illuminated blue footwells.

New technology added to the range includes Active Cornering Lights and High Beam Support system for bi-xenon-equipped Accords.

Like you James, my EX is equipped to the hilt with extras, ADAS, CMBS, LKAS, Xenons etc etc -

I've seen/driven the facelift and there is not a lot to differentiate between the two at all. Of course the engine emissions is an improvement for the I-DTEC unit, but its the Type S that I'm after in the facelift. What I have yet to do is get the dealer to work out a price for mine yet.

I'm very tempted to change but not compelled to do so. Afterall, I have a friend who works for Acura in the USA and he can ship me over the same bumper used on the Acura TSX which is identical to the facelift Accord for a couple of hundred quid if I really wanted to change the look of my current car.

See link (CLICKY)

As yet, very undecided. Prices have risen too and I suspect its more to do with the supply of the car what with the earthquake fallout more than a desire to inflate prices. That said, if I do change, I will want all the toys - the question is whether the price escalation is going to be financially worthwhile.....

Like you James, my EX is equipped to the hilt with extras, ADAS, CMBS, LKAS, Xenons etc etc -

I've seen/driven the facelift and there is not a lot to differentiate between the two at all. Of course the engine emissions is an improvement for the I-DTEC unit, but its the Type S that I'm after in the facelift. What I have yet to do is get the dealer to work out a price for mine yet.

I'm very tempted to change but not compelled to do so. Afterall, I have a friend who works for Acura in the USA and he can ship me over the same bumper used on the Acura TSX which is identical to the facelift Accord for a couple of hundred quid if I really wanted to change the look of my current car.

See link (CLICKY)

As yet, very undecided. Prices have risen too and I suspect its more to do with the supply of the car what with the earthquake fallout more than a desire to inflate prices. That said, if I do change, I will want all the toys - the question is whether the price escalation is going to be financially worthwhile.....

I am amazed that Honda UK have not updated their website for the Accord to show the new facelift car for 2012 when the new brochure has been out for months now, this is not very professional especially now the cars are on the road.

must admit I was having a good rant when I wrote the starting post......... i think it was more the price that really took me by suprise.

:rolleyes:

I think that Honda are using the facelift to maybe almost re launch the Honda Accord, they're probably trying to raise awareness and it probably has really minor improvements over the pre facelift model but then again I wouldn't really call it a facelift because hardly any thing has changed lookwise apart from extra equpment available. Plus like some other members in this forum the blue footwell lighting can easily be installed, atleast if they had made it a bit more similar to the Acura TSX (Honda accord but nicer only sold in America and Canada, but you probably already knew that) with chrome handle bars, standard ambient lighting and multifunction speedo readings. SO yeah, unless you want to buy a new Honda Accord, don't give away your pre facelift accord. :D