What's new

51 plate Honda accord exec 2.0 remapping

Chrisbecka123

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord 2.0se exec
Hi I've got a Honda accord 2.0 exec model 51 plate. Interested in remapping it is it worth doing and what sort of performance could I get by doing this.

max 20-30 bhp

Is it just straight forward remapping with a laptop and software or do I need a chip also, novice on this side of things lol

actually chip means remapping your ECU with software thru laptop and OBD. It will give u 20-30 BHP and i think its not worthy for that cost. for that money is better to get compressor and boost it. No forged components needed, just swapping your throttle body with compressor and u can get up to 80bhp -> depending on pressure u set not sure if ECU remap needed.

edit: by compressor i mean supercharger:
topview.jpg

p.s. if its a 51 reg its a 6th gen Accord. Swindon built.

My bad for posting in wrong section was just guessing at which mk it was. What sort of price would I be looking at to do the supercharger option as I was ***uming with the remapping it would cost very little to do myself

Don't think there is any remap for the F20B, and the cost of supercharging and turbocharging will be in the thousands like it is for any honda engines, not worth the money and you are better off doing engine swap with a H22 ir buying an ATR.

exec said:
Don't think there is any remap for the F20B, and the cost of supercharging and turbocharging will be in the thousands like it is for any honda engines, not worth the money and you are better off doing engine swap with a H22 ir buying an ATR.
I believe it is

Chrisbecka123 said:
My bad for posting in wrong section was just guessing at which mk it was. What sort of price would I be looking at to do the supercharger option as I was ***uming with the remapping it would cost very little to do myself
Well to help you out: You have accord 6th gen but its mark VII (it confuses ppl), then u have chasis code -> CH for liftback (5 door hatch), CG (saloon/sedan)... i believe numbers behind are engine size -> CH7 is 2.0 CH6 1.8 etc. (not sure about that)

more info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Accord

lol u get. its common modification in my homeland. price includes dyno run before and after remapping

20-30 BHP gain on an NA engine with just a remap... :unsure:

Those are probably on the H22 with other mods, there is no way you can get 20-30bhp on these SOHC with remap, thats if there is any available remaps for the ecu's in these cars.

This really is such a stupid thread, sorry.

Kamil I would seriously question where your 'homeland' is, because I doubt it's planet Earth as suggested in your profile. Please don't post stupid and unsubstantiated claims like this. Although they might give some of us a little chuckle, they actually create a lot of confusion for those that are simply asking an innocent question.

What Fahad said. As i started reading down this thread i started to believe someone had spiked my breakfast at work :lol:

Its fools like this that give the naïve hope of getting decent power for very little outlay, if you want 30bhp from a few hundred pound remap then get an Impreza WRX.

Even if a remap was available for the 1.8/2.0 SOHC gen 6 then it wouldn't make more than 8-10bhp over stock.

A bit harsh dude, just a bit of misinformation, nothing more, nothing less.